National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when you don't have a second amendment
Our friendly liberal Canadian government decided to prohibit those rifles starting today May 1st, i've heard it through local news no one talked about it or were warned of anything.
As you can see a lot of those rifles can cost a pretty penny, they're talking about giving a certain amount (probably not the price you paid for them) for the rifles or you can just give them to the police
Who knows what's next....

*Upper receiver is also prescribed as a prohibited device

In addition to the list prohibited by model, all firearms with one or more of the following physical characteristics are prohibited on the basis that their potential power exceeds safe civilian use:

• Firearms with a bore 20mm or greater (e.g., grenade launchers)
  • Firearms capable of discharging a projectile with a muzzle energy greater than 10,000 Joules (e.g. sniper rifles)
Fight with everything you have to protect your second amendment, it is precious

Reactions: Wag

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Imagine how firearm stores in Canada feel about it with thousands and thousands of dollar worth of stock now worthless.

Edit: For those interested here's the full list of what we cannot have starting today... it's 63 pages long and holy ch*** disarming no pun intended

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
For all the Canadian members here, I will be glad to take possession and hold your rifles for you. :sneaky:

Mad Scientist

Reactions: Kobs

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Theres a grace period to comply.

· Registered
17,527 Posts
That's pretty sad that one guy can change the entire gun laws of a country from one incident. I wonder what will happen to those guns? I know there will be a lot of collector guns on that list and some of them are actually cheaper up there than here like the SVT-40. Will they be destroyed, shipped here or just kept by the guvment?

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Theres a grace period to comply.
I've looked at Canadian gun forums and it seems a lot of them are waiting for a written letter and a specific place to report to (just to drag it as long as possible)

Edit: probably be destroyed and advertised like they did in Australia

One thing for sure if any gun owner voted for that @ hole they won't next time

Reactions: Mad Scientist

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm guessing nest step is semi auto pistols, then revolvers, tactical looking shotguns, basically anything but red riders

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
The British tried to take away our guns in 1775. It didn't work out to well for the British.

Canada needs to repeat history.

Reactions: Wag

· RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The British tried to take away our guns in 1775. It didn't work out to well for the British.

Canada needs to repeat history.
In this day and age taking into consideration all the millennials and liberals I doubt that this kind of patriotism has a chance even in the US. We old farts and our ways are doomed, it's a question of time, maybe another generation
No offence intended

Reactions: Mad Scientist

· Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
No offense taken, Kobs. You're probably right.

Tangentially, you've given me a new list to add to my wish list.

--Wag--

Reactions: Kobs

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
When is Truffles up for re-election?

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,019 Posts
BTW, if Canada's conservative provinces want to succeed from Canada, we would be happy to add 2-3 more states. Just saying.

· Registered
367 Posts
With the "ex-ropyals" and elitist minded couple coming to Canada to live, I do not doubt the NEW government officials want full control over the Canadian people their Canadian subjects.

· Registered
367 Posts
BTW, if Canada's conservative provinces want to succeed from Canada, we would be happy to add 2-3 more states. Just saying.
Maybe we get to 57 states after all? :cool:

· Registered
17,527 Posts
I'd go for that. We can rename my area to part of central NY rather than northern NY........maybe it won;t be so cold in the winter from now on!

· Premium Member
9,928 Posts
I honestly don’t know so please enlighten me. Is that how it works in Canada? The PM just has the authority to just make such a law? Seems a bit arbitrary and could be a lot of power for one person to possess.

· Registered
396 Posts
I honestly don’t know so please enlighten me. Is that how it works in Canada? The PM just has the authority to just make such a law? Seems a bit arbitrary and could be a lot of power for one person to possess.
I'm a bit fuzzy on it, but I researched the topic awhile back while considering a move to the Vancouver area. As I recall, the central government makes laws, but the provinces must ratify them. If I remember correctly, the laws are only actually valid in provinces where they have been ratified. But again, it's been awhile, and I'm kinda fuzzy on the subject, so take it with a grain of salt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.