National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently came into possession of my grandfather's Franchi semi-automatic shotgun from my father. My father does not have any paperwork for it of any kind. Can I just keep the shotgun as is or do we have to go through some formal legal process at a gun shop or other location? We live in Pennsylvania.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
You can check at the local gun store but it should just be between you and your Father. There’s no listing or paperwork on that gun. Long guns aren’t registered unless you want to register them. ( and why would you do that. )

·
Aim true !
11,672 Posts
Yep no need to Transfer a long gun in Pa. Or even hand guns between family members. As long as the member is not a felon.

Reactions: SGB

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Recently came into possession of my grandfather's Franchi semi-automatic shotgun from my father. My father does not have any paperwork for it of any kind. Can I just keep the shotgun as is or do we have to go through some formal legal process at a gun shop or other location? We live in Pennsylvania.

Thanks!
Check the law in your state, in most states that I'm aware of there is no issue, but I don't know where you are located.

·
Low Speed High Drag
399 Posts
Yep no need to Transfer a long gun in Pa. Or even hand guns between family members. As long as the member is not a felon.
See above ! :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts