National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of problems with the shell extracter on a New England (H&R) .223??? I can't seem to get it to work right. May just need to get a new extracter spring???

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I hadn't noticed your post until now. If you have a second, you might go over to the "New Members" section and say "Howdy". Folks here are pretty friendly

In answer to your question, no, I had not heard of any extractor issues with H&Rs. You don't mention whether yours is new or used or whether you know what the round count is on it. In any case, any decent 'smith should be able to help you out and it may be as simple as replacing the extractor spring. If Mr. Popeye happens by, he might be able to give you better advice, though.

Glad you joined us,

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try to clean it with a tooth brush and alochol the try to use it there may be some gunk jaming it up, Happened to my H&R 20 ga

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
338RemUltraMag said:
Try to clean it with a tooth brush and alochol the try to use it there may be some gunk jaming it up
I concur. Detail cleaning firearms is becoming a lost art.

If a serious cleaning does not resolve the problem, look at the extractor mechanism. Once the mechanism is removed, you'll most likely find more filth to be cleaned out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts