National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings yall. I came here with a question hoping you good folks can help answer. 14 days ago, I made purchase on my first semi auto rifle. I also purchased another pistol, but the pistol isnt the problem. So I did my background check, got the call back everything was good. The next day got a call saying my pistol was in, but couldn't pick it up until the rifle was in. Well 15 days now, and my rifle is still not in. I purchased off the stores online shop which stated it was "in stock". I've never had a purchase take this long for delivery. Any ideas what is going on or any rights I might have in this situation? Their site says 3-10 days for delivery. I've now called a few times leaving a message and I'm not getting a call back. Any help is greatly appreciated.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,014 Posts
I suspect the rifle was "out of stock" despite what their website stated. Be patient, you will most likely receive the rifle after the online store receives it from their distributor. In this day, with the COVID-19 problem, orders can take longer than most of us like.

Reactions: evergreenrider

· Registered
64 Posts
International shipping is really slow.

Iexample, a bike jersey, 9-15 day for shipping... got stuck at point of export for a week, then spent a week in NY waiting for customs to clear it...
30 days.

Ordered a computer for home use.. in stock,, 3 days later they cancelled the order out of stock..ordered again, even got a ships today notice.. cancelled again. Third on got through.

I’d call them so they know the order is a mess. I expect they will take care of it...unless you are in Canada.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
228 Posts
Some gun store web sites I've seen have "Available in store", or similar wording, as well as "in stock" which apparently means in stock at their distributor's inventory. I just went through that ordering a shotgun at a local store in person. I had expected the gun to be available at the location.....wrong, two week wait for delivery.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
I ordered two SKS rifles that had to go from N.C. to PA. They got stuck in a FedEx depot for 12 days. Shippers are loaded down right now. It’s will get delivered. Look at the bright side, it will seem like it’s your birthday and you won’t know what to play with first!

· Aim true !
14,169 Posts
Probably because of killing 2 birds with one stone. When i got my cricket and 1911 together. I only did one form. Besides the handgun form. If he gets the one gun now, And the other later. He will have to fill out a new form. Thus creating more paper work for the FFL.

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,178 Posts
As @BerettaAPX9mm stated often times LGS websites reflect distributor inventory not actual store inventory.

Background checks are usually not done until time of pickup. Strange that they did yours so early.
I'm also with Sam and don't understand why you have to wait for the rifle to pickup the handgun unless they are trying to limit store visits.

Don't be discouraged, everything is moving slow at the moment. Pretty much every single business is running with reduced staff. In some cases drastically reduced staff. Also gun sales are currently drastically increased,
I saw a figure they were up 71% last month. Its really no wonder things are taking a bit longer.
Be patient would be my advice.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the replies. A lot of good points and I probably should be a bit more patient. Its just hard with an over $1200 purchase. In Nevada this whole waiting has never been an issue, so it's just so different then what I am accustomed to.

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,178 Posts
If they are including the transfer in the purchase then I could see them wanting to wait for the rifle so everything can be wrapped up in one transaction so the store doesn't get dinged twice on the cost of background check.

My FFL would do the same.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,014 Posts
I may be wrong, but from what I understand is if the 4473 form is done electronically (no physical paperwork), they can't change it after xx number of hours.

Reactions: evergreenrider

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, and one more
I may be wrong, but from what I understand is if the 4473 form is done electronically (no physical paperwork), they can't change it after xx number of hours.
I went to the shop and filled out the paperwork. Only thing done online was the actual purchase of the weapon systems. I decided on an apx9 subcompact and rock river arms m4

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update. Finally, today, I was able to pick up my weapons. I will NEVER buy a firearm through that place again. Completely rude, lied to me to attempt to save face in front of the other potential customers in at the time. But, it's done and over. 3 weeks to the day. Thanks for all the words of wisdom!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.