National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.abqjournal.com/1434456/a-frightening-place-to-be.html

As state officials announced seven new COVID-19 cases Thursday, Sandoval County asked a judge to order its detention center to release all inmates who are in custody for nonviolent and misdemeanor offenses and to refuse to book anyone else on those charges.
The city of Rio Rancho is fighting the request, saying it includes an “unduly broad range of crimes” that its officers would no longer be able to arrest people for.

“If this petition is granted, as written and requested, it will jeopardize public health and safety for the citizens of Rio Rancho and Sandoval County and threaten the public’s trust and confidence in municipal and county governments,” assistant city attorney Joshua Rubin wrote in a filing.
Totally jacked up.........

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
gezzz, just what could possibly go wrong with this.

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
I'm not sure what releasing prisoners does. They're the most "stay at home" population we've got!

Alan

·
Live Free
2,873 Posts
Well that certainly sucks! Hopefully the city will win the fight on that! Reminds me of what I never did like about New Mexico, too much liberal influence in government. Loved living there for a lot of years, but the liberal leaning corrupts much. We still have family in Rio Rancho and various places in New Mexico. Hope this works out right for you!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
its already in discussion.......when the State prison system decides to stop intake from the jails......the jails will steadily fill to capacity. releasing "lesser evils" creates more local jail space for the "greater evils".........

tdcj has not cut off intake.......yet....we are expecting them to if things do not settle down.....if/when that happens, then the jails will literally prioritize who to keep and who to release......

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
Put a tracking bracelet on the ones they release. And put them on house arrest.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
there are not enough braclets to monitor such. The biggest jail i have transported from in the past was Harris County (Houston) and the county inmate jail population at that time was somewhere over 10,000 just for that day i was there......

add to it that county and State offices are on "appointment only" or "lock-out" status to minimalize public groups and contacts and field services for many depts have been suspended.............and many court proceedings are suspended.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Barney
107 Posts
There are only so many beds and they are generally all full across the country. I was a probation officer for a few years after I retired from the PD and judges were always letting out lesser offenders and putting them on probation to make room for the greater offenders. I had a hundred and forty and that was my limit. Now maybe they are trying to get ahead of it in anticipation. I don't know, but is isn't anything new to prioritize who is in those beds. It is just a revolving door for lesser offenders and always has been.

·
Registered
402 Posts
maybe the state governments wants them to purge of sorts :yikes1: entertainment to liven up the cabin fever boredom were all in?
my god like there going to go out and be productive workers in this atmosphere of mass layoffs?

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
And some idiots are wondering why there was a rush of new gun buyers, even among the antis..................

·
Registered
402 Posts
And some idiots are wondering why there was a rush of new gun buyers, even among the antis..................
see the states are so concern about there safety, not us! were just a risk factor the state officials dont care about:mad2:
We don’t want an outbreak in the jail which would be catastrophic," he said. "We just can't take any risks."
https://www.wbir.com/article/news/crime/east-tn-jails-release-inmates-as-coronavirus-threat-looms/51-2d54c8f0-cf33-4e27-9cd3-0f6edab33f01

1 - 11 of 11 Posts