National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks for posting this Popeye, I am an avid air gunner and have a modern PCP. Mine is a .25 cal and puts out about 45 FPE @ 770 FPS with a 33.95 gr. pellet. These guns are a lot of fun to shoot and are perfect for pest control. Not cheap though and it's one of those hobbies that becomes a bottomless pit.

·
AZHerper
4,105 Posts
Thanks Popeye! Very interesting. It led me to look for more info on early air guns. Here's a Youtube video on the Pritchard. The narrator is very good as is the video.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
Thanks for posting this Popeye, I am an avid air gunner and have a modern PCP. Mine is a .25 cal and puts out about 45 FPE @ 770 FPS with a 33.95 gr. pellet. These guns are a lot of fun to shoot and are perfect for pest control. Not cheap though and it's one of those hobbies that becomes a bottomless pit.
It's what stopped me from going PCP, nice guns but priced at the level of cartridge guns plus you have to get all the stuff ( special compressor or scuba tank etc) I went real guns instead. I still enjoy my Co2 air gun in my basement though

Reactions: Nod

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's what stopped me from going PCP, nice guns but priced at the level of cartridge guns plus you have to get all the stuff ( special compressor or scuba tank etc) I went real guns instead. I still enjoy my Co2 air gun in my basement though
Yes they are expensive. Mine ran me around $800 for gun/air tank. I still have a Diana 34 in .22cal springer that I also shoot quite a bit. I've had some fantastic springers but sold them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts