National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a question, if I wanted to get a pretty plain bolt-action in a strange caliber, like, lets say either .50 AE or .25 ACP, who would I need to go to?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
A riflesmith

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
Just a question, if I wanted to get a pretty plain bolt-action in a strange caliber, like, lets say either .50 AE or .25 ACP, who would I need to go to?
If I am understanding your question correctly. Harrison Richardson make a break open in 50 AE.

25 ACP I doubt you will find a rifle made in that caliber. So it would be custom made and BIG BUCKS.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hey there, Genius Bandit, welcome to the NGF from the swamp.

What is the purpose of those pistol calibers in a Bolt Action?

We might be able to help you a little better, if we knew what

you were attempting to accomplish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there, Genius Bandit, welcome to the NGF from the swamp.

What is the purpose of those pistol calibers in a Bolt Action?

We might be able to help you a little better, if we knew what

you were attempting to accomplish.
The pourpose is that I want to see if
A.) it can be done
and
B.) Because......because. No real reason, I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
The only real question here is...how much money do you have? If you have a lot, then any competent gunsmith should be able to help you out or steer you in the right direction. Thompson Center makes a handgun with interchangeable barrels in different calibers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only real question here is...how much money do you have? If you have a lot, then any competent gunsmith should be able to help you out or steer you in the right direction. Thompson Center makes a handgun with interchangeable barrels in different calibers.

It's a hypothetical question; I'm more looking for names and links to people and or companies that could do it, and some examples wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
A barrel blank for 50 AE might not be too difficult. Of course, you would have to pay a

small fortune have a smith tap a 50AE chamber, and to retrofit a magwel and bolt action to it.

The 25ACP actually has a bunch of rifles available for it. Google "25 cal rifle".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
A barrel blank for 50 AE might not be too difficult. Of course, you would have to pay a

small fortune have a smith tap a 50AE chamber, and to retrofit a magwel and bolt action to it.

The 25ACP actually has a bunch of rifles available for it. Google "25 cal rifle".
I'll keep that first part in mind, but it looks like I finally found the 50 AE bolt I was looking for.

Enfield No. 4 conversion made by a guy named "Riched/SIA" on Enfield-Rifles.com. Here's the link to the thread
Also, goggled it, got a lot of air rifles and not much else. If that was supposed to be a joke, color me unimpressed.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts