National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Eo-tech 512 cause it uses AA batteries and i prefer the recticle it uses. im still waiting for the magnifier for it.

i also like trijicons reflex sight. i just wish it had a bigger field of veiw.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While I have an M68 (Aimpoint CompM2) on my issue M4, and the exact same sight on my M4gery back home, I actually prefer the ACOG. I just can't get my hands on one here in theater, nor do I suppose I really need one. I find the EOTech reticle a tad "busy" for my eyes.

Battery life isn't really a concern with the Aimpoints (over 10,000 hours with mine, and up to 50,000 in the newer ones). I'll just change the battery every year or so. :roll: The ACOG doesn't use batteries at all.

Not sure what you mean about the Trijicon Reflex's field of view. It's designed to be used with both eyes open, so field of view is essentially unlimited if used properly. If you're closing one eye, you're using it wrong.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike Barham said:
Not sure what you mean about the Trijicon Reflex's field of view. It's designed to be used with both eyes open, so field of view is essentially unlimited if used properly. If you're closing one eye, you're using it wrong.
the thickness of the glass walls is distracting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Doctor holo sight mounted on top of an ACOG on my M4. I like this setup very and if I had the money I'd have the same setup for my Mini 14.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Russian military's KOBRA sight is a good one for the AK rifle. There are several models. This one is the EKP-1S-03M upgrade and operates on two AA batteries. The sight is easily mounted and dismounted and maintains its zero when it is dismounted from the weapon.

The KOBRA is designed for use with both eyes open. The downside is that it sits too low to use the iron sights.

·
Registered
761 Posts
A 4x ACOG is probably the best sight for a BATTLE rifle. For an AR15/M16/M4, I'd go with an EOTech, though. Not long enough reach to really benefit from what the ACOG has to offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts