National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh boy sounds like they were looking for a battle.

(Reuters) - A predominantly Black group of heavily armed protesters marched through Stone Mountain Park near Atlanta on Saturday, calling for removal of the giant Confederate rock carving at the site that civil rights activists consider a monument to racism.

Video footage of the Independence Day rally posted on social media showed scores of demonstrators dressed in black - many in paramilitary-style clothing and all wearing face scarves - quietly parading several abreast down a sidewalk at the park.

Many of the protesters carried rifles, including military-type weapons, and some wore ammunition belts slung over their shoulders. Although African Americans appeared to account for the vast majority of the marchers, protesters of various races, men and women alike, were among the group.

One video clip showed a leader of the demonstrators, who was not identified, shouting into a loudspeaker in a challenge to white supremacists who historically have used Stone Mountain as a rallying spot of their own.

"I don't see no white militia," he declared. "We're here. Where ... you at? We're in your house. Let's go."

John Bankhead, a spokesman for the Stone Mountain Memorial Association, said the protesters were peaceful and orderly.

"It's a public park, a state park. We have these protests on both sides of the issue from time to time. We respect people's First Amendment right," Bankhead told NBC affiliate station WXIA-TV.

"We understand the sensitivities of the issue here at the park ... so we respect that and allow them to come in as long as it's peaceful, which it has been."

Stone Mountain, which reopened for the holiday weekend following a weeks-long closure over the coronavirus, has faced renewed calls for its removal since the May 25 death of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man, at the hands of Minneapolis police.

Floyd's killing helped revive a long-simmering conflict between groups seeking to do away with Confederate statues and sculptures, which they see as pro-slavery symbols, and those who believe they honor the traditions and history of the Deep South.

Nine stories high and spanning the length of a football field, the bas-relief Stone Mountain sculpture carved into a granite wall overlooking the Georgia countryside some 25 miles (40 km) east of Atlanta remains the largest such monument to America's Civil War Confederacy.

It features the likenesses of Jefferson Davis, who was president of the 11-state Confederacy, and two of his legendary generals, Robert E. Lee and Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson.

Stone Mountain has long held symbolism for white supremacists. The Ku Klux Klan, a hate group that was formed by Confederate Army veterans and has a history of lynchings and terror against Black people, held its rebirth ceremony atop mountain in 1915 with flaming crosses. Klansmen still hold occasional gatherings in the shadows of the edifice, albeit now met with protesters behind police tape. Many of those cross-burnings took place on or around July 4.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
That sculpture always reminds me of Gutzon Borglum. Interesting fellow.

he soon turned toward what his wife, Elizabeth Janes Putnam, a scholar in cuneiform and other Middle Eastern scripts, described as “the emotional value of volume.
” Reviving the ancient Egyptian practice of carving gargantuan statues of political figures in natural formations of rock, he executed from a six-ton block of marble a colossal head of President Abraham Lincoln that was placed in the Capitol Rotunda in Washington, D.C.
This inspired a group of Southern women to commission a similar head of the Confederate general Robert E. Lee. Borglum was moved to begin instead a titanic sculptural procession of Lee and his staff and soldiers marching across the face of Stone Mountain in Decatur, Georgia.
He began cutting away rock in 1916 and was able to unveil the head of Lee in 1924, but disputes with his patrons led Borglum shortly thereafter to abandon the enormous work, which was completed by others.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I hold those people with the same contempt I hold the kkk, and no, I won't give them the respect of caps.
They want to push an agenda with force and fear.
I don't like bullies. Of any kind.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I don't have a problem with it as long as it was peaceful and lawful. To me it's no different than the protestors in MI a couple of months ago or the ones in VA earlier this year. They want something changed and they are protesting, this is the way you do it. The color of their skin is irrelevant. Now if there was violence, vandalism etc i would think differently.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have no problem with them marching. Even with guns. But when you start going up to vehicles, that you are at least somewhat blocking, and pushing your agenda and asking where your reparations are? Not cool at all. Don't care what you are protesting. At that point your guns ARE for intimidation, nothing more.
Don't care what group you are, or what you are protesting. When the intimidation starts, you have crossed the line. Even if you were right to protest, you just lost any support I may have given you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,430 Posts
After you have exhausted the junior-college course catalog peripheral subjects, and wasted a few years "hangin' out" on and around campus, and no sustainable employment has fallen into your lap, and you are no longer really welcome at home by Mom & Dad, what is left but to become an animated street activist, looking for a cause. You've become a real "rebel without a clue".

The problem we didn't really consider, about 15 years ago, is how do we make these idle and wasted minds (aka "snowflakes") ........... go away? They do have to be somewhere.

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
Nice catch Palancar

the "Not F**king Around Coalition" (NFAC), meeting at the massive nine-story quartz sculpting that depicts former Confederate president Jefferson Davis and Southern generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

NFAC Founder Grand Master Jay told Newsweek via phone Sunday that the militia members at Stone Mountain on Saturday were "100 percent Black" and they are not affiliated with Black Lives Matter.
"We are a Black militia. We aren't protesters, we aren't demonstrators. We don't come to sing, we don't come to chant. That's not what we do," he said.
"It was all Black ... there were no brown people, no white people... everyone was Black. I am not a protester, I am the commanding general of my militia, we were swearing in new members," he added, highlighting there was a second militia "show of force" Saturday near Phoenix.

More Details Emerge on “NFAC” Group After “We’ll Take Texas” Viral Video
written by Paul Goldberg July 6, 2020

Yesterday, a video of Grand Master Jay, leader of a black militia group that describes themselves as the “NFAC” (Not F*cking around coalition) went viral on Twitter, and now has over 745k views.
In the clip, Grand Master Jay is asked about what he sees as a “solution” after he describes “a new black nation.”
Jay’s reply is “The solution is very simple. We follow the declaration of liberation, declaring every African American descendent of slavery a political prisoner here in the United States who were affected by the Portuguese slave trade and then after that the United States has a choice either carve us a piece of land out here, we will take Texas, and let us do our own thing or don’t stop us when we exit this body here and go somewhere where they will give us our own land to build our own nation.” Jay later adds “We don’t want to talk no more, we don’t want to negotiate. We don’t want to sing songs, we don’t bring signs to a gunfight. We’re an eye for an eye organization. So when they decide to act right, we’ll act right. And we do it all legally.”

Reactions: Jack Ryan

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Nice catch Palancar

the "Not F**king Around Coalition" (NFAC), meeting at the massive nine-story quartz sculpting that depicts former Confederate president Jefferson Davis and Southern generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

NFAC Founder Grand Master Jay told Newsweek via phone Sunday that the militia members at Stone Mountain on Saturday were "100 percent Black" and they are not affiliated with Black Lives Matter.
"We are a Black militia. We aren't protesters, we aren't demonstrators. We don't come to sing, we don't come to chant. That's not what we do," he said.
"It was all Black ... there were no brown people, no white people... everyone was Black. I am not a protester, I am the commanding general of my militia, we were swearing in new members," he added, highlighting there was a second militia "show of force" Saturday near Phoenix.

More Details Emerge on “NFAC” Group After “We’ll Take Texas” Viral Video
written by Paul Goldberg July 6, 2020

Yesterday, a video of Grand Master Jay, leader of a black militia group that describes themselves as the “NFAC” (Not F*cking around coalition) went viral on Twitter, and now has over 745k views.
In the clip, Grand Master Jay is asked about what he sees as a “solution” after he describes “a new black nation.”
Jay’s reply is “The solution is very simple. We follow the declaration of liberation, declaring every African American descendent of slavery a political prisoner here in the United States who were affected by the Portuguese slave trade and then after that the United States has a choice either carve us a piece of land out here, we will take Texas, and let us do our own thing or don’t stop us when we exit this body here and go somewhere where they will give us our own land to build our own nation.” Jay later adds “We don’t want to talk no more, we don’t want to negotiate. We don’t want to sing songs, we don’t bring signs to a gunfight. We’re an eye for an eye organization. So when they decide to act right, we’ll act right. And we do it all legally.”

He can have his new black nation over in Africa.
He will never get Texas. He might get buried here, but that is about as far as him owning Texas will get.
If you hate this country so much, get the hell out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Read that the country of Ghana wants African-Americans to go back and live there. And from some of the dealings of the company I retired from and their goverment the democrats do not have any idea on what corruption is, they are at a whole new level. A side note that country was the center of the slave trade.

·
Registered
506 Posts
He can have his new black nation over in Africa.
He will never get Texas. He might get buried here, but that is about as far as him owning Texas will get.
If you hate this country so much, get the hell out.
I know some people from Louisiana that would have the Texans back. I doudt if it would be needed but would like to pile on, its a southern thing helping your neighbor out.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I know some people from Louisiana that would have the Texans back. I doudt if it would be needed but would like to pile on, its a southern thing helping your neighbor out.
We would love to have the help of our Louisianian brothers. After all we don't want to have all the fun by ourselves.
We can share.

·
Mr.
200 Posts
I don't have a problem with it as long as it was peaceful and lawful. To me it's no different than the protestors in MI a couple of months ago or the ones in VA earlier this year. They want something changed and they are protesting, this is the way you do it. The color of their skin is irrelevant. Now if there was violence, vandalism etc i would think differently.
It wasn't peaceful or lawful. It was threatening and belligerent. They are just plain lucky no one was killed.

·
Registered
18,430 Posts
Clowns dressing up as the BPLO (Black Palestinian Liberation Oafs). This careless appropriation of bank robber garb has gone far enough, I say.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
11,132 Posts
Ran across some videos by "Heavy Duty Country" talking about the NFAC, he has some pretty good points made.
Yes Sir, I watch him on YouTube. Good dude.

Reactions: Viper123

·
Registered
506 Posts
This group is a joke, while in Louisville report is
Police have confirmed reports of shots fired in Louisville as opposing militia groups descended on the city Saturday.
This is a spokesman for the group.
Their response to their mishap...” One of the members of the NFAC spoke to throngs of protesters and said “we had a little accident, it happens,” the reporter said.” Yeah...lol better leave the tough stuff for grownups
These dumbas*es will all shoot themselves before anything happens.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Just read that, apparently they either hate each other so much or they are incompetent and shoot each other. I wonder which one?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts