National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a air rifle sporter shooter at a high school in tx. my instructor wants to know if i want to switch to precision. I'm not sure, so I'm asking for your help. Please send me a note or reply to this. Thank you!

·
Curmudgeon
4,379 Posts
Precision is a far more serious level, especially in the area of cost. Is your instructor suggesting you could get sponsorship? If you really are talented and interested, this can be a very rewarding sport.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I shoot smallbore, so I'm not too far off what you're doing.

Competitive shooting at the precision level costs big bucks. Be prepared to dish out several thousand dollars in equipment, and then put the time in every week to improve. If you're not totally committed and love shooting, then don't do it.

If you do decide to do it, competitive shooting can be one of the most rewarding and enjoyable sports around.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Sounds like a great opportunity. Are you ready for the sacrifice?
I say do it!
and
GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all so much. I'll let him know. I'm so excited! :)

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
There are several shooting associations that you could look into, do a dogpile search, I am sure you will find some answers there also.

How 'bout going to the "New Members Introduction" and tell us a little more about yourself.

There are a LOT of very knowledgeable folks on this forum, they will help you out any way they can.

Welcome to the forum from New Mexico.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts