National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you probably know. I got my range membership.
Working with my LCR. Haven't shot anything in years. Been too busy out on the road working.
My first time with it. As usual. Took to it naturally. Didn't shoot bad at all.
Then I started creating problems. Shot only 25 rounds the other day. Didn't like it. I was shooting left. Didn't know and didn't care what I was doing. I just quit. Figured it was a bad day.
Then today I went to the range. A little short on time. At last minute. I figured I'd shoot 25 rounds. Work hard at getting it right. What I was doing was.... Left arm wasn't strong on the gun. Needed to stand straighter. Head up. Hold gun higher. Stand square to target and relaxed. Finger placement ok. By the time I finished. I was putting everything inside the 9 ring at 10 yards. Happy with progress. I'll keep doing better.
This was American Eagle factory ammo. Might come up with a better load on reloading?

I saw the thread on the 327 FM. Interesting. Tempting to try. But I really should just work with what I got. I like the classic 158 grain bullet anyways.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
i really like my lcr's.............the one thing that i have done is an application of nail polish (brite orange primer and a coat of clear polish over that) to the entire ramp of the front sight.....as that little factory insert was just not doing it for me.....thank goodness for the dollar store as its a cheap fix......though i am thinking of going brite yellow if i ever have to touch up.......and its been months of shooting and pocket carry and still no touch up is required.

Reactions: PrairieHunt
1 - 2 of 2 Posts