National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks! It would be nice to see where you are all from!

I post my location and I am not concerned that anyone is going to come after me! Except maybe Doug Wilson, he is out in the Oregon Wine country, and gets into the crop once in a while!

At least put up your State location and maybe a major city close by. Nobody is going to ask for or get your home address! There is nothing to fear!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
owtlaw said:

Do you have one of those wonderfull 27 state Utah permits??

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
owtlaw said:
owtlaw said:
I used to teach the class for the wonderful 27 state permit.
Well now that is interesting! I understand that certain courses are offered in different states that will qualify one for the Utah permit.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Moved here in '76...

·
Registered
648 Posts
sig232 said:
owtlaw said:
owtlaw said:
I used to teach the class for the wonderful 27 state permit.
Well now that is interesting! I understand that certain courses are offered in different states that will qualify one for the Utah permit.
It isn't that hard to do. There are many instructors that are lisenced out of state. In fact there are more Utah permit instructors out of state than in I believe. That includes Canada. Thats right Canadians can even get a permit here.

G

·
Swainsboro, GA:
Home of bubbas, gnats, mosquitoes (baby hummingbird size), restaurants that serve gator tail, frog legs, rattlesnake steak.
Soul food restaurants that serve fried chittlins (small intestine of hogs) tripe (cows stomach) and souse aka hoghead cheese
(congealed hog brains)

We also have Mickey D's, Hardee's, Captn D's, Burger King, KFC, Sonic and two gourmet restaurants for the weak at heart.

Ya'll come!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
SheNine said:
My house, in Clemmons, North Carolina! :D
Is that near Mayberry? If you see Aunt Bea, tell her I said "Hey"!
I'm in Kansas. 17 miles east of I-35 & 3 miles north of the Oklahoma border.
Stranger; Have you lived here all of your life?

Me; No, not yet. :mrgreen:

G

·
kansas45 said:
SheNine said:

Mayberry was inspired by Mt Airy, NC. It is a nice but sleepy small town at the beginning of the Shenandoah Parkway. Most beautiful place. My wife's late aunt lived there and we visited every chance we got.
ps: You're only an hours drive shenine, there's some pretty country to put your log cabin on up there.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
There sure is! I believe you're right - Mayberry was just a make believe town, but they do have a bunch of Andy Griffith stuff going on in Mt Airy, as it was his hometown.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
whompuss said:
kansas45 said:
SheNine said:

Mayberry was inspired by Mt Airy, NC. It is a nice but sleepy small town at the beginning of the Shenandoah Parkway. Most beautiful place. My wife's late aunt lived there and we visited every chance we got.
ps: You're only an hours drive shenine, there's some pretty country to put your log cabin on up there.
So, where is Mt Airy from Camp LaJune? My son & his wife & my daughter & her husband are living near there, in Hubert. The boys are Marines.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
kansas45 said:
So, where is Mt Airy from Camp LaJune? My son & his wife & my daughter & her husband are living near there, in Hubert. The boys are Marines.
Camp Lejeune is on the coast of North Carolina. Mt Airy is North of Greensboro and Winston Salem, close to the Virginia border.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
SheNine said:
kansas45 said:
Camp Lejeune is on the coast of North Carolina. Mt Airy is North of Greensboro and Winston Salem, close to the Virginia border.
Hey! I'm coming down there in October. My son Jeff is the Marine of the Year. They are having some kind of awards ceremony in Virginia, & I'm coming down to watch.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts