National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I got a small stash of cash for my birthday. Invested in a few portable pistol safes. I hit 3 different stores then found these clearanced out at Menards for $30. I grabbed 2, went out to the truck and tried one out. Was impressed for the money and went back in for a third one.

Program 4-8 digit codes. Lid pops open when you enter the code. Fairly heavy for its size. Come with backup keys and auto 4 min lockout after 4 failed tries. Can’t be beat from what if seen available locally. I have wee monsters here so these are a must for stashing guns in the house. Going to pickup a few gun magnets to mount inside so I can mount these upside down and vertical.

DA92E4F2-DB8C-4B4D-A3D3-899CD3306687.jpeg

Also has anti theft cable that attaches inside the safe and foam lined.

7BC73A33-F6E5-4249-9D3D-F19D0577C292.jpeg

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
that would had been an attractive item for me when i went to CA with their laws..........

i can actually see the merit in one for my current pickup gun.......better bolted down in the cab instead of hiding behind the seat.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I keep my gun in the center console; I'd be leery of the battery going bad, or in the heat of the moment I'd fumble the combination at the wrong time.

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
I keep my gun in the center console; I'd be leery of the battery going bad, or in the heat of the moment I'd fumble the combination at the wrong time.

A guy i work with has one bolted under his truck seat. He leaves it in there and when he gets in his vehicle he takes it out and puts in back in there when done or going someplace you can't carry it. They also have keys which is what i think he uses instead of the combo. I have a bigger one on my nightstand that opens with your fingerprint and will open in 1 second with a two motion swipe. They are nice if you have kids or just don't wont to leave on laying around but want it handy.

Reactions: Philmo11 and Wag

·
Aim true !
10,285 Posts

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
I have 2 of the ones that your fingerprint can open. But it will let anyone open it. So i have the batteries out of them. And use the keys. But only paid 25.00 on clearance for one. The other was given to me. They are the one here.
https://www.amazon.com/Stack-PS-15-10-B-Biometric-Personal-Adjustable/dp/B010UBS8OI

Mine won't I've tested it several times. First when i got it with my wife and then i put hers in so she can open it and i've had a few friends try it just to see.

·
Aim true !
10,285 Posts
I'll try them again. I just watched a video on programing them. I think i was doing it wrong.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Nice Idea for the truck gun Bolted down does leave less to walk away so to speak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts