National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard from popeye? I know he had that water pipe issue but it's not like him to be absent this long. Haven't seen any posts for awhile and hoping he's ok.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,879 Posts
Popeye may be fighting the insurance company, or getting quotes for the damage and lost of property. Neither of which is fun. I wouldn't worry about him for another week or two. Just send a prayer his way, I'm sure he could use the help.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Kind of noticed him not posting also. He is a major rock in the foundation of this forum. Hope he gets the affairs straighten out with his insurance issues. Of course once you do, then comes the letter from them about insurance fraud to add insult to injury. Been there a couple times ourselves.

·
Aim true !
9,460 Posts
Me too im hoping he is fine. I'll keep him in my prayers too.

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
We were missing our homework reading assignments.
stay well and make them pay without the depreciation BS.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
EVERYTHING had to be moved out of the house, everything. All carpets and pads had to be removed. All walls, two feet up from the floor, had to be removed. Kitchen cabinets had to be removed. One entire wall and the ceiling above it had to be removed. And it all had to be done NOW! Industrial dehumidifiers and fans.

Its amazing how much crap you can accumulate in 14 years. Tomorrow and Sunday I empty the garage. Just because.

The insurance agent and his contractor fought with me about the gun vault. It is undamaged. No water got in. Besides, it has a concrete floor and steel plated, steel reinforced, concrete walls. I won the battle. I let them run a dehimidifier in there for two days.

Leedi is in a nice hotel. I'm in a tent in the backyard, by choice. Dogs are stressed. They wanted to board them. Nope. We'll camp out in the back yard.

My attendance will be spotty for another week, I suppose.

·
Banned
7,632 Posts
EVERYTHING had to be moved out of the house, everything. All carpets and pads had to be removed. All walls, two feet up from the floor, had to be removed. Kitchen cabinets had to be removed. One entire wall and the ceiling above it had to be removed. And it all had to be done NOW! Industrial dehumidifiers and fans.

Its amazing how much crap you can accumulate in 14 years. Tomorrow and Sunday I empty the garage. Just because.

The insurance agent and his contractor fought with me about the gun vault. It is undamaged. No water got in. Besides, it has a concrete floor and steel plated, steel reinforced, concrete walls. I won the battle. I let them run a dehimidifier in there for two days.

Leedi is in a nice hotel. I'm in a tent in the backyard, by choice. Dogs are stressed. They wanted to board them. Nope. We'll camp out in the back yard.

My attendance will be spotty for another week, I suppose.
Praying godspeed resolution on this very uncomfortable situation.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn! Didn't realize it was that bad. Hopefully you get it taken care of and get back to normal soon.

·
AZHerper
3,502 Posts
So very sorry that it was so bad but, uncomfortable as it is, it will resolve in time. Great that your gun vault is unscathed! And, it's good to have the "sage of the page" back if even only intermittently.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Sounds just like dealing with hurricane damage, been there did that. The one plus for you is that you still have electricity, we went 3.5 weeks without. The utility company decide that since it was too dangerous for the meter readers they just billed us the same usage as the previous month. The one good thing is you as a person will be much stronger once it is all said and done.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
They wanted to empty it and check for water damage (mold) behind the steel walls. The cost of rebuilding it to its previous condition ended the conversation.

My 11 year old dog is major stressed. The not-quite-two-year-old dog thinks its an adventure.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts