National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously this is a far fetched scenario but tell me what you think. The other day we were poking fun at a buddy's .22 carry gun, telling him he'd have to beat someone with it to hurt them, which led me to this thought. Say you are in a very crowded place, a fair or a mall for instance, and you are attacked or robbed. This would naturally attract a crowd so most likely you are not going to fire you gun. How do you think a polymer-framed gun would hold up to a good old fashioned pistol whipping? My guess is if you struck with the butt of the gun and made good contact with the skull you'd be buying an all metal gun the next day to replace it.

Alex

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I can only speak for Oregon and Washington states where I am licensed. You may only draw that firearm to use it as a firearm not a club.. Take the beating unless your fear for your life or that of your loved ones. :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm not sure about a pistol whipping but there is a web site that has pics. of a Glock that was thrown out of an airplane and run over by a truck and it held up just fine....

G

·
I kinda doubt it has the same effect as an all steel gun but I don't think it would damage the frame of any decent polymer handgun.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I gotta think that you're using the wrong end, according to my Owner's Manual al least.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glock27Bill said:
I gotta think that you're using the wrong end, according to my Owner's Manual al least.

now that's funny. just trying to have some fun, you guys are too serious. you are not republicans are you? silly question?:)

Alex

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
agust82 said:
Glock27Bill said:

now that's funny. just trying to have some fun, you guys are too serious. you are not republicans are you? silly question?:)

Alex
Maybe we should expand the question--you know, which caliber gun, what magazine capacity...gotta think that mass would matter.

I'll start:

I'd NEVER whip anyone with a gun whose caliber does not start with a .4

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Or you could just hit him/her with the wife's purse, which most likely has more heft and bulk to it than a 1911. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sigma .40. its not the beefiest gun i've ever held but i wouldn't want to get slapped with it.

Alex

·
Galactic Effectuator
525 Posts
Like I said, "...shooting polymer just doesn't have the right 'ring' to it."

Frankly, I suggest carrying either pepper spray or a collapsible baton in addition to a firearm; just for those moments when harsh words or fists aren't enough and shooting isn't needed.

·
Country Dad
235 Posts
I know florida's law are also, you only pull your gun to use it. If the other person is not armed, then go hand to hand. If you pull it for now reason, thats 5 years here. But my question is that why pull your gun to just hit them with it, You gun is only 4-6 in long. If someone is chocking you trying to kill you, you still have enough room to pull your weapon and to fire it. If you know who to use your weapon right in self defense, You know one way or another you will always have enough room to pull that weapon. Think about, things always seem to just happend when your life is on the line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts