National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at many and did a lot of reading.
Then I found out a close friend carries a second generation P3AT. He has run some 500 rounds through his gun. He broke it in and did the fluff and buff (which is easy) and has not had a jam or a problem with these small and lightweight .380 autos.
I got two, one for me and one for the wife's pocket while traveling.
For the price, the size and the weight it's rather hard to beat for a pocket gun. Less than 1# loaded!
Now to get the bigger stuff sold off before we travel full time in the RV for some time. :cry:

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I been carrying a 2nd genaration for about a year now and it failed to eject twice when I frist got it. It has about 500rds through it now and it has never failed since with all kinds of different ammo. I shoot a couple of mags through it everytime I go to the range. Try it with your off hand unsupported. It's a little bear. Good luck. :-B-:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes at it's weight I figured it would have a pretty good kick
Did you do the "fluff and buff with yours" smoothing out the machined areas?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I have a P32 I bought as a BUG, but will have to look at the P3AT.

I’ve got a Bersa Thunder .380, but look at the differences between the Bersa and the KelTec.

Model-----Empty-----Loaded (ounces)
P3AT--------8.3--------11.1
Thunder---19.75-------22 est.
PF9--------12.7---------15.5

Holy crap, the loaded KelTec weighs almost 1/2# LESS than an unloaded Bersa.

I added the PF9 in the list just for grins, it’s KelTec’s 9MM.

G

·
keninaz
IMHO you got the best bang for your buck with the KelTech, I have a lot of LE friends who bet their life on them as backup.
Happy shooting.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes for the price they are hard to beat for what they are.
Yes sometimes you have to do a little fluff and buff to make things right but it won't be the first or last time I have done that on a gun of some sort.
As with any lightweight gun you have to learn to control it.
Weight works for you on a shooter but light weight is so much better than heavy to carry in a pocket. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts