National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I am surprised they didn't confiscate his weapons, his vehicle, slam in jail for 5-10 and life time ban him from hunting anywhere.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
I am surprised they didn't confiscate his weapons, his vehicle, slam in jail for 5-10 and life time ban him from hunting anywhere.

There was a guy quite a few years ago in NY that shot one of those mechanical deer they put out to catch people illegally hunting. They took his vehicle because he was hunting from it, took his hunting privileges and gave him a couple of years in a 8x10 to think about it and he lost his gun rights as well because he was charged with felonies. Not long after he was released from prison he shot the same mechanical deer in the same field from a vehicle. I guess he didn't learn anything the first time around.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
There is a saying that goes: " Some people will go into school, but, the school will fail into going into him"

·
Aim true !
10,266 Posts
One of our local poachers is under investigation. The game commision was at his house twice so far. Time will tell.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
"In a Jefferson County District Court on Dec. 5, Muse was sentenced to two years of supervised probation. Pursuant to a deferred judgement — in connection with the felony charge — Muse will also be banned from possessing a firearm during that time. His hunting, trapping and fishing privileges were also revoked in 48 states through the Wildlife Violator Compact; a CPW hearing will later determine how long those privileges will be suspended."

"In addition, Muse was ordered to pay $53,000 in fines (not including court costs) in addition to $500 in restitution to the CPW and a $500 donation to Colorado Operation Game Thief, a CPW program that rewards residents for reporting wildlife crimes."

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
There was a guy quite a few years ago in NY that shot one of those mechanical deer they put out to catch people illegally hunting. They took his vehicle because he was hunting from it, took his hunting privileges and gave him a couple of years in a 8x10 to think about it and he lost his gun rights as well because he was charged with felonies. Not long after he was released from prison he shot the same mechanical deer in the same field from a vehicle. I guess he didn't learn anything the first time around.
Saw that happen in NV where I lived. ANYTHING connected to the crime gets taken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts