National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lokking to find out if it is possible or advisable to shoot plus "p" ammunition in a m&p .45. the fps and foot pounds w/ +p ammunition is right where id like it to be but dont know if the weapon can handle it.ive heard glocks dont like them but unsure about s&w.not worried about recoil. any info would be helpful. thank you.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Any good hollow point will do the job just fine. P+ and +P+ just turn a 30,000rd gun into a 5,000rd gun. -I

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hunt alot and bullet style and make affect the outcome significantly on the same animal add larger or smaller animals then things change even more. ive know the the police here in nothern va. have to carry fmj style but they shot a man last week 6 times out of 8 and he survived the shooting. they had the benefit of partners to help in the shooting(heaven forbid) i most likely will not. just would like to have every advantage extended to me if possible. i dont have any desire to shoot another human but if tis between me & them i choose me.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Hey, tke805.

When you have a moment, go to the New Members section and introduce yourself.

I'm in Fairfax County.

You a VCDL member?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for being rude and not following directions sometimes i get a one track mind. have never heard of the vcdl? but woud be interested to hear about it. i'm up in frederick county.how are you dealing w/ handguns in fairfax? tough county!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
tke805 said:
i hunt alot and bullet style and make affect the outcome significantly on the same animal add larger or smaller animals then things change even more. ive know the the police here in nothern va. have to carry fmj style but they shot a man last week 6 times out of 8 and he survived the shooting. they had the benefit of partners to help in the shooting(heaven forbid) i most likely will not. just would like to have every advantage extended to me if possible. i dont have any desire to shoot another human but if tis between me & them i choose me.
A lot of police are not very good shots either. Here's what it boils down to. :shock:
Shot placement is King, penetration is Queen, everything else is Angels dancing on the head of a pin. Thanks Mr Erich. :D

Any good jacket hollow point should do the job just fine for self defense. :-B-:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
tke805 said:
sorry for being rude and not following directions sometimes i get a one track mind. have never heard of the vcdl? but woud be interested to hear about it. i'm up in frederick county.how are you dealing w/ handguns in fairfax? tough county!
Actually, Fairfax County is pretty good. I open carry all the time here, just got back from IHOP, open carried my Glock 27.

There's several groups that have Open Carry lunches, dinners, picnics pretty frequently. Here's the Open Carry virginia Forum. They're planning an outing May 3rd & 4th.

VCDL is the Virginia Citizen's Defense League. We're very activist in gun rights. We go to Richmond to lobby legislators, introduce and lobby for pro-gun legislation, attend town council meetings when law abiding gun owners get hassled by the police, have a booth at most gun shows in the state, and all sorts of stuff.

VCDL was instrumental in getting the National Parks Carry bill introduced, we were the first gun group to file briefs with Dept of Interior, got the ball rolling for the current potential change in the regs.

Join if you can ($25 annually). Our monthly meeting is this Tuesday at Mason District Governmental Center in Annandale, early birds get there at 7:30, meeting starts at 8PM. Open carry is OK at the meeting. We then go out to Fuddruckers right up the road, very gun friendly, open carry of course. Great way to meet like-minded folks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
forgot about open carry in va.i didnt realize the vcdl are the one responsible for the parks carry issue. ive already put that law into use thank you. i'll check out the web site and consider it sounds worthy.

i agree w/ the shot placement and the penetration thing baldy and thats why i'm looking at bullet types. .45 penetration arent as good as lets say a 9mm on standard ammo.speed ,plus sec. density ,bullet weight etc..all factor in so if i can get high velocities on a larger bullet like a .45 then imo i have the best of both worlds if the bullet is in fact placed correctly,which i agree is paramount to everything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts