National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range with my son yesterday, and shot several .22 rifles and a 410 shotgun. For the .22's, I had made a wooden target stand and got to try it out. I put six paper targets onto an old bulletin board, and that was mounted on two vertical 2"x2"'s. The base consists of some old 2"x4"'s nailed together - a fairly common design that I saw several places on the internet. What was the most fun was a metal "spinner" that I got at Gander Mtn for $10...I mounted it on the base and it sticks up about a foot. Above the spinner, I hung three aluminum coke cans from shoe strings. Along the very top of the bulletin board, I set some more coke cans, golf balls, little plastic action figures, etc. We had the most fun that we ever had shooting that stuff. My son loves the metal spinner - already wore all the paint off of it and had to repaint. There were some other kids at the range and we gave them turns shooting all of our junk. It was out at 30 yards so nothing came back from the metal spinner. What fun! Total investment: $10. Later, B

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Awesome! That was some pretty smart target building, and it sounds like you had a lot of fun, and gave some kids a great shooting experience.

Good for you!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
241 Posts

these are some targets I built. I have quite a few ranging from rabbits to african game and farm animals, also a couple of plain 8"rounds for 100+yard rifle fun. They are great fun to shoot, you get a nice report and swing when you hit them.(you should see 'em when hit with 44mag.)

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Now THAT looks like fun!

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Glad you had a good day with the kids. It's a shame more people don't spend some time teaching kids to shoot. I have never found a kid yet that didn't have a ball shooting. Good job and keep it up as you are making lasting memories for all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Buy a case of the orange clay pigeons for trap at Wallymart for great plinking targets. They shatter real nice and are easy to see out to 75 yards.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts

these are some targets I built. I have quite a few ranging from rabbits to african game and farm animals, also a couple of plain 8"rounds for 100+yard rifle fun. They are great fun to shoot, you get a nice report and swing when you hit them.(you should see 'em when hit with 44mag.)
What kind of plate are you using for the rifle and 44 mag spinners?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts