National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i notice that the frame says 22lr and the cylinder says 22mag can i shoot either size 22. round safely through this

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
FIE (Titan) Buffalo scout (E15) model.

You shoot .22 lr in the .22lr cylinder and .22 mag in the .22mag cylinder.

That gun is beat to hell and that does not appear to be the original cylinder for the thing. These were not high end guns in the first place, and it's worth whatever someone will pay you for it, but I wouldn't expect that to go over a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda figured ...thx for the reasurance .....could I shoot lr through it safely even though it's 22 Magnum it seems that the only difference is Magnum has a longer case

·
Registered
6,647 Posts
FIE (Titan) Buffalo scout (E15) model.

You shoot .22 lr in the .22lr cylinder and .22 mag in the .22mag cylinder.

That gun is beat to hell and that does not appear to be the original cylinder for the thing. These were not high end guns in the first place, and it's worth whatever someone will pay you for it, but I wouldn't expect that to go over a hundred bucks.
buffalo scout is what i thought of when i saw the grips...............the "germany" threw me off as i thought the scout was italian.......but perhaps not. I need to get my Blue Book back that i lent out..............

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,923 Posts
A properly made .22 Magnum cylinder will not allow the firing pin to reach the rim of a .22 LR shell. It will not fire.

A properly made .22 LR cylinder will not close/reinstall when loaded with .22 Magnum rounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very helpful information again however I just want to know if I can get it to fire is it safe to shoot .22 long rifle in 22 magnum cylinder

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The short answer is "no". So is the long answer, but with lots of technical reasons why trying it is a bad idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts