National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Last Stand on Earth
6,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is for those guns that you may have had reservations about, heard bad reviews, had bad experience with a brand but tried it out anyway only to have it exceed your expectations. Time to give credit where credit is due.

For me, there are too many to list but I’ll start off with the 28” H&R Pardner Pump 12ga. I paid $149 each for a pair of these one day and had very low expectations. They have proven to be well worth the money. They have had zero issues so far.

Pictured next to Remington 870’s

· Live Free
4,510 Posts
I tend to avoid such purchases mostly. Bought a Taurus (PT111 G2C) a few years back that reaffirmed my avoiding such purchases. However, when I built my first AR a few years ago, I took a chance with a BCA barrel. At the time Bear Creek barrels were a crap shoot, especially in 6.5 Grendel. I was pleasantly surprised to find mine capable of shooting MOA, and even sub MOA with my own loads.

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Got a Radom P-64 a while back, which I didn't have high expectations of. Paid next to nothing for it. Turned out to be handy, light and dependable. So that was a nice surprise.

Found a place, which I stopped in, by mere chance, as I was passing through the area, that had the brand upper and lower I was looking for, in stock. Another fine low cost surprise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.