National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I can't say it was funny, but....
I do not find it funny because of "the accidental discharge of a handgun in a bar" all that does is give the libs and progressives ammunition to chip away at our rights as gun owners. It doesn't matter that he didn't have a license or holster for it, all they will see that he is a victim of his childhood and that he is misunderstood, and it was the "evil" gun that caused the problems for this individual.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
Not funny: more bad publicity for guns

Funny: popping noise, his leg shaking, him asking to go to hospital.

These guys are getting millions of dollars to play a game and they can't keep their noses clean. Put him in jail so he can say goodbye to his career, his money, and his ability to endanger other people with his stupidity.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Bet he don't feel so good today as he is under $100,000 bond and got a couple of gun charges to face down.

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
"He is standing tall. He is a mature adult," Brafman said. "I think any professional athlete in this situation would be concerned."

I don't know how "tall" he is standing after nearly blowing his own balls off, but I can understand his concern. An inch or two to the left, and ...

Part of crotching a semiautomatic pistol is living with the fact that you really need to carry it with an empty chamber. Yeah, you can decock/drop the hammer if it's a Beretta, but if the safety works its way back off and the hammer grabs on something and cocks, the next thing that gets decocked may well be you.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That is sad. Its also sad that the Mayor is getting into the act to push his personal big time anti-gun agenda.

Illegal to carry a loaded gun in NYC with big time jail time penalty. Why! What if someone needs to protect themselves just like Mr. Mayor. But of course he has cops all around him.

Its impossible to get a permit to carry a firearm in that city. I think that case should go to the supreme court. But most likely since he is a big time celebrity with a huge salary it will be settled behind closed doors, hushed up, and bags of cash will exchange hands.

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
About fifteen years ago Scottie Pippin, drunk off his ass and lacking a FOID, left a loaded unregistered handgun on the passenger seat of an open, unlocked, running Jeep Cherokee illegally parked in front of Michael Jordan's Chicago restaurant.

No charges were filed, of course.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
That is sad. Its also sad that the Mayor is getting into the act to push his personal big time anti-gun agenda.

Illegal to carry a loaded gun in NYC with big time jail time penalty. Why! What if someone needs to protect themselves just like Mr. Mayor. But of course he has cops all around him.

Its impossible to get a permit to carry a firearm in that city. I think that case should go to the supreme court. But most likely since he is a big time celebrity with a huge salary it will be settled behind closed doors, hushed up, and bags of cash will exchange hands.

My point exactly, even here in New Mexico it is illegal to carry in an establishment that serves alcohol regardless if you have a license or not. It is a fellony. Why should he be allowed to break the law in the first place? pay, (what is a hefty fine to the rest of us) and be able to walk away from the jail time? This man is a criminal, foot ball player or not. Bad multi-millionaire, bad....

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I do not find it funny because of "the accidental discharge of a handgun in a bar" all that does is give the libs and progressives ammunition to chip away at our rights as gun owners.
Didn't take long at all...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/01/AR2008120101335_pf.html
Now, let's not start screaming about the Second Amendment. To begin with, the amendment should be abolished -- a sensible interpretation of the amendment is that it was written to allow the people to raise a militia for protection and to hunt for food. Clearly no one needs to raise a militia these days, and those who hunt for a living can be licensed to do so.

It would be nice if President-elect Obama had the time to focus his energies on repeal of the Second Amendment, but he first has to deal with a broken economy and the incredibly wrong-headed war started by his predecessor. What's more, the issue of gun rights causes almost as much screaming from the right as abortion rights, the irony being that those yelling the loudest about the right to life are usually those yelling almost as loud about their right to carry weapons that kill.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
I am still laughing about him almost getting "decocked". Lol

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Ok, let's pretend:
If the 2nd amendment is abolished, then what happens?
Are all gun owners on the the list to have our guns taken away?
Are we going to have turn in our guns? all of them? just the black ones?
Is the 2nd amendment completely re-written?
Do we then rewrite or abolish the 1st amendment? the 3rd, 4th, etc?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
So, do you think he'll sue the restaurant, nightclub, or whatever for letting the story of his stupidity get out? After all, that's what the DEA agent did.

But seriously, folks...

When are the teams and the leagues going to let these overpaid, oversexed, and apparently over-armed, but braindead morons face the music for thier own stupidity. The first time they ever came close was the summer of 2007 when Michael Vick actually had to pay for his crimes (and will apparently keep paying for a while). Even then, there was more talk about whether or when he would return to his starting position rather than the disgusting, inhumane and unforgivable crimes he committed against those who can never defend themselves.

The only consolation is that this cretin hurt himself and not someone else. Too bad he missed his "daddy parts", though, he needs to be taken out of the gene pool.

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Ok, let's pretend:
If the 2nd amendment is abolished, then what happens?
Are all gun owners on the the list to have our guns taken away?
Are we going to have turn in our guns? all of them? just the black ones?
Is the 2nd amendment completely re-written?
Do we then rewrite or abolish the 1st amendment? the 3rd, 4th, etc?
I tremble for the Third Amendment.

Could you imagine having to put up indefinitely with a half a dozen jarheads under your roof?

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I tremble for the Third Amendment.

Could you imagine having to put up indefinitely with a half a dozen jarheads under your roof?
I have a great respect for "jarheads", those guys have saved our a$$e$ more than once. Besides, I haven't met too many that I wouldn't let stay under my roof.:sosp:

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Well, the comment was tongue in cheek; I tried to think of the branch of the armed forces whose members were most likely to eat you out of house and home. Still, would you really want to house a half dozen of any branch?

Of all the Amendments to the Constitution, probably the Third has the least amount of jurisprudence pertaining thereto. How easy it would be to become the nations' foremost expert on it!

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Well, the comment was tongue in cheek; I tried to think of the branch of the armed forces whose members were most likely to eat you out of house and home. Still, would you really want to house a half dozen of any branch?

Of all the Amendments to the Constitution, probably the Third has the least amount of jurisprudence pertaining thereto. How easy it would be to become the nations' foremost expert on it!
Ok, I will give you that one, now if you had said a half dozen seamen, I would worry.:biggrin5::sosp:

·
Banned
921 Posts
I thought of I heard something about them trying to charge him "intent of use" as well. The reason being is that once he takes the stand no reasonable jury will convict him of intent, but he will have to admit that he was illegally carrying a gun.

Also the whole the 2nd should be abolished, thing really strikes home. I heard one of my friends say more or less the same, but then in the same breath complain about the Patriot Act :mad5:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I understand that two of the charges he faces carry a 3 1/2 year mandatory term for each.
Wow! The man had to have been stupid.
With those strong laws I am sure that they are going to push for him to be treated like anyone else.
Here in AZ open carry is legal, but not in a bar. But I don't think if you did that we have that kind of penalty.
Not long after moving here while carrying in the open I walked into a restaurant here and was told they served alcohol and that they could not seat me with the firearm. They in fact told me I could check my firearm and have dinner there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts