National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is interesting how all the gun magazines are now raving about the new Ruger SR9.

Kimber has the KPD, Springfield the XD, Smith the M&P, Glock, H&K, Kel-Tec, etc! They are popping up all over and the various models are hard to keep up with. Whats up with that?

Is the carry crowd so big that they are all pumping out models for a new market? Or is this just an attempt to compete with the Glock Standard?

What is your take on this trend?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I was iterrested in this pistol until I done some reseach on it. I think Massad Ayoob wrote the best article on it in Gun Mag. He came right out and said the trigger was junk and the mag disconnect made it hard to seat your mags. Like all new stuff it will have it's growing pains. I think I'll shop around for something else. :)

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Baldy said:
I was iterrested in this pistol until I done some reseach on it. I think Massad Ayoob wrote the best article on it in Gun Mag. He came right out and said the trigger was junk and the mag disconnect made it hard to seat your mags. Like all new stuff it will have it's growing pains. I think I'll shop around for something else. :)

Like all things Ruger the Triggers have a that "legal liability" hard azz trigger pull!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Maybe it's just vanilla flavored marketing.

New is better, and they don't want to be left behind as buyers shop for the latest thing.

G

·
Plastic shows little - if any - advantages over an aluminum (or steel) frame, yet, costs as much.

Why should I chose this

over this?

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
sig232 said:
Baldy said:

Like all things Ruger the Triggers have a that "legal liability" hard azz trigger pull!
It's a little worst than that Sig. He said it had a real gritty feel to it and way to much over travel. The mag issuse was bad enought but along with a bad trigger no way. I been thinking about a CZ-Rami for some time now. OH well we'll see. :D

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Hey, Baldy, nice Avatar.

Opted for a chance, eh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts