National Gun Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the title of this may sound a certain way, but hear me out. I'm currently living with my parents due to being in paramedic school, and my dad doesn't want me owning any guns that have any real use to them i.e home defense. Let me put it all into perspective. My dad lives in this delusional fantasy world where people who trust God don't get mugged or have their houses broken into (kinda funny since one of our mutual friends who is a rather pious man, just had his house broken into.) I can count at least 5 times in the last year that I have either seen someone prowling around the house, have definitely heard someone, or have noticed signs like cigarette butts behind the house, when no one around smokes besides me, and they weren't my brand. I also know of some people in the subdivision behind us that have had prowlers, and some of them have dealt with break-ins too. I should also add in that we always have coyotes that run around, and just last month I carved a loner up like Christmas turkey when I was walking down the driveway with my girlfriend (good thing I had a machete on me.)

Despite all of this, he continues his ignorance and says the only defense we need is his bolt action 22 mag. savage, which is not great in the first place, and even worse when he only has a 5 round magazine for it, keeps the bolt out, and has all of this locked up in a case under his bed, the key stuffed within the confines of his nightstand, and that lock takes probably 2 minutes of messing with to even get it off. Not a very good defense weapon. Let's also throw in that 90 percent of the time, if I'm not there to go behind them when they go to bed, they leave the doors unlocked, sometimes windows, and often have valuables like laptops in plain view of the of view points, and it's all basically screaming "Break in and steal EVERYTHING." Not very secure sounding, huh?

So after all of that, I at least want to get a shotgun and a pistol. Does anyone have any ideas as where and how to discretely hide such things as to be within ready access, but out of sight from snooping parents, and out of reach from my nephew who likes to go in my room?

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,923 Posts
When you live in someone else's house you must live by their rules. Its part of the deal. If you are paying any sort of rent you will be able to keep weapons without interference in the area you are renting.

·
Super Moderator
14,623 Posts
Man! Bummer! Sounds like you need to move out on your own instead of trying to pull a fast one on your old man while you mooch off of him. you could probably convince him that there are people in this world that will take advantage of him by just showing him your post. You obviously don't respect the ignorant old fool because you're ready to lie to him and disrespect his rule in HIS house. If you're on the level about this, I think you're a chump. You carved up a coyote like a Christmas turkey with your machete?............... Really? He probably keeps the bolt out of his rifle and locked up to keep it out of reach of children ........ that would be your nephew and you I suppose since you don't abide by his rules.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Alan

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man! Bummer! Sounds like you need to move out on your own instead of trying to pull a fast one on your old man while you mooch off of him. you could probably convince him that there are people in this world that will take advantage of him by just showing him your post. You obviously don't respect the ignorant old fool because you're ready to lie to him and disrespect his rule in HIS house. If you're on the level about this, I think you're a chump. You carved up a coyote like a Christmas turkey with your machete?............... Really? He probably keeps the bolt out of his rifle and locked up to keep it out of reach of children ........ that would be your nephew and you I suppose since you don't abide by his rules.

Oh, welcome to the forum.

Alan

Dear God Is that the sound of someone with a stick up their ass? Guess what, dude? I do pay bills, but the only reason I don't have an apartment is because I don't have a high-paying job anymore, so I am unable to fork out 700 a month in rent, plus ten grand in school payments. However, I could be paying all the bills, and he'd still be the way he is. CLEARLY, you're just here to piss people off, so do me a favor and spare me the crap. I'm not some teenage kid trying to get a gun so I can act cool.

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you live in someone else's house you must live by their rules. Its part of the deal. If you are paying any sort of rent you will be able to keep weapons without interference in the area you are renting.
Like I told this other, rather rude individual, I do pay fork out for some of the rent, but he's still not letting me have guns, which doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make sense to begin with, but..

·
Registered
677 Posts
1. It's your dad's home, thus his rules. Deal with it.

2. I find it difficult to imagine that one could catch a healthy coyote to get close enough to kill it with a machete. Was your girlfriend duly impressed ?

3. If you regularly feel the need to carry a machete, I wouldn't want you in my home with a firearm either.

4. Re-read the psych portions of your EMT-P course, then re-read your initial post.

CLEARLY, you're just here to piss people off, so do me a favor and spare me the crap.
Not only might you have to find another place to live that will put up with your disrespectful drivel, but you just might have to find another forum to pitch yer little hissy fit. Forums are a lot like your dad's house. They are NOT democracies, they're private property, and unless you're the owner, you abide by the rules, and be nice, like 'em or not.... or you could get yer ass tossed out.

·
Super Moderator
14,623 Posts
You are on the level. My opinion stands. You make the rest of my case with you post. You're just another user.

Alan

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, that's great. I'll take my "disrespectful drivel" somewhere else, because you people are a bunch of holier-than-thou jackasses. Dont worry about banning me. I have better **** to do than waste my time on a forum where I only get shot down for asking a question. **** you, and have a nice day riding the dick wagon.

·
Super Moderator
14,623 Posts
Thank you and goodbye.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
11,826 Posts
CLEARLY, you're just here to piss people off, so do me a favor and spare me the crap. I'm not some teenage kid trying to get a gun so I can act cool.
Clearly you can't take advice. Your attitude is going to get you into trouble at some point.

Like I told this other, rather rude individual, I do pay fork out for some of the rent, but he's still not letting me have guns, which doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make sense to begin with, but..
That may be but sometimes, you're in a position that is untenable and you have to live with it.

you people are a bunch of holier-than-thou jackasses.
Actually, we simply believe in being responsible. You, apparently, do not.

Dont worry about banning me.
Oh, it's no trouble. No trouble at all. Be right back.

I have better **** to do than waste my time on a forum where I only get shot down for asking a question. **** you, and have a nice day riding the dick wagon.
You didn't get shot down, bro. You were given the truth. Can you not handle the truth?

--Wag--

·
Registered
826 Posts
Wow! Well that was easy..

·
1911 addict
1,040 Posts
Wow. Some people just can't take a hint be it subtle or blunt.

·
Super Moderator
5,823 Posts
Considering that this was posted two days after the Colorado shooting, it sounds like another worthless lib playing games, trying to make a dispute on how gun owners are evil, irresponsible, and don't follow the laws. Laws either set by the state or by the rules set by parents. Seems this guy has issues in taking advice and following rules, whether he is in college or not. If this guy is in college, I'm surprised he made it to college and is still there. His father is the one who has the ignorance!? This coming from someone who hasn't an iota of respect or consideration...

·
Super Moderator
14,623 Posts
I really don't know how anyone could expect anything other than what he got in response to his first post. Did he really think that we were going to give him advice on how to be deceitful, and to his parents no less!? It boggles my mind at times to know that there are really people out there with no regard for the rights of others or consideration for anything other than what they want. But, then there's Barak on the TV showing me with every word that there is, and there's 30% of the living breathing voters who think he's doing a great job. I suppose "mudinhiseye" is one of them.

Alan

·
Super Moderator
11,826 Posts
Alan, that's probably the best conceivable end to this thread.

--Wag--

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.