National Gun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out to the range for a while this morning and shot a couple hundred rounds of 9mm and .40 at steel plates (8” plates at 15 yards). It was great just to run the guns for a while. I can’t say it was my best shooting, but the steel was ringing pretty good. I might have shot a bit more, but I forgot to return my Maglula to my range bag (should never have taken it out!) and my thumbs were getting really tired of loading mags! I lost one of my Maglulas a while back and still needed to replace it.

·
Aim true !
11,322 Posts
I love shooting steel too. I have 2 12x21 silhouette targets and plates from 12 inch down to 3 inches. And some spinners and a walking critter.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Our range here has a lot of steel targets including a variety of plates and silhouettes, a dueling tree, and some longer range silhouettes at 125 to 250 yards and a 6” hinged plate at 400. I have used a lot of em in the short time since we moved to Texas. I especially enjoy the 225 6” plate and 400 hinged plate; they are tough enough so Creedmore and 7.62x51 only knocks the paint off and give a very slight imprint at that range. They are good practice when it’s windy! I got to admit though, 400 yards starts to get sorta boring with the Creedmore...a little more challenge with the Grendel, but I need a little more distance to spice it up more. I may even get fairly good some day...:rolleyes:...maybe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts