National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early B-day present to myself. Picked up a Canik TP9SFX. Gonna shoot it this eve,

·
Registered
359 Posts
You've made a good purchase there, great guns for the money, reliable, and they don't give you any excuses for missing. Good to get them now while they're still cheap, I expect prices will go up as popularity takes off. Enjoy.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im going to run it alone this eve. Then next outing ill run the TP9SF and C-100 along with it.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well ran 100 rounds through it. One stove pipe the 1st mag ran. After that it was smooth sailing. It's minute of can at 20 yards. I'll bench rest it next time and tweak the sights. The trigger is not as good as my TP9SF as of now. I think it will improve as i break it in.

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Registered
359 Posts
Think you'll get an optic for it, or just stick with irons?

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll stay with the irons. No battery to worry about with them.

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Registered
359 Posts
Same here, most likely. I view handgun optics as being for fun or novelty, rather than serving a practical purpose.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had it out for another spin. It does not like loads with universal powder. I had some failure to go in battery with them. I had other loads with CFE pistol along. It likes them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It does have a bit of a break in period, I had a couple rounds where it didn't fully return to battery during the first few hundred rounds. After that initial break-in period, I had no further issues.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im having some leading issues too across the board in 9mm. Found out when i looked at the bore on the new gun. Grabbed some of my other 9's and had some too. Im going to reset the seating depth deeper. I was at 1.150. Setting them back to 1.135 and see how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts