National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Going to shoot it this eve. Waiting for the temp to drop some.

·
Live Free
3,498 Posts
Nice! I have sometimes considered a 9mm 1911, but I cannot seem to break away from .45 ACP. Be curious to here how you like shooting it.

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll report on it this eve. :thumbsup: I agree on the 45 too. The 10mm is awesome too in the 1911 platform.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took it out in the rain. It felt good in the heat lol. She runs great. Can hardly feel the recoil. Accuracy is good considering the rain drops on the barrel lol. I do need a new mag. The follower isn't activating the slide stop. I put one if my 10mm mags in when i got home it activates the stop. It also had a recoil buffer in it. Thought maybe that was stopping it from locking open. But taking out did not help. Don't know why anyone would would put one in a 9mm????? Oh well lol.

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A 38 super and 357 sig is down the road. 1st a newer vehicle.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Nice 1911. Congrats. I enjoy shooting my 9mm 1911, it's one of my favorites.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had it out this morning before it got to hot out. I had fun popping cans and plastic bottles. Gathered some fresh brass too.

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took the VZ grips off. There too sharp on the edges. I put some plane jane rubber finger grove grips on. Im going to get some of the pachmayr rosewood with the finger groves for it.

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes they do. I kept one set out of 3. The one set was not irritating to the hands. It's the set that came on my 10mm.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I took the VZ grips off. There too sharp on the edges. I put some plane jane rubber finger grove grips on. Im going to get some of the pachmayr rosewood with the finger groves for it.
Those sharp edges can be easily knocked down.

·
Aim true !
11,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I sanded the edges down. Much better. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts