National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually got exactly what I’ve been wanting. (1) a 22LR revolver and (2) a 357 Magnum stainless snub. Turns out the same store had both and I’m pleased with what I got out for.

Exhibit A - Rossi 2” M971

Exhibit B - High Standard Sentinel R-109

I’m very pleased with them and I did my basic research to know they are both solid models, but I haven't spoken to other owners about them. Hence why I’m here.

Both lock up very tight and do what they are supposed to do. The Sentinel has a few scratches so I’m thinking about polishing the frame.

I own a Smith 10-6 so I have other revolvers, but these calibers were what I really wanted.

· Registered
4,404 Posts
Yea your Rossi has that polished finished that some people like and it looks good but shows scratches easier. Get your fine grit sandpaper and dremel out.

Reactions: One1

· Registered
4,404 Posts
When I first read your post about your new "snub" I read "snob" I'm going to mention I'm a gun snob. I only own certain brands and will probably never own some brands.

I see the Lincoln box in the background. I mention all that because I see a welder in my not too distant future. I know absolutely nothing about welding. I'm not a complete brand snob but there are some companies that have earned reputations in certain industries. I plan on possibly getting a Lincoln, maybe a Hobart or even a Miller. A good used one from a retired welder or company going out of business. Widows sell things their husband owned and I'll be glad to remove a big ugly eyesore. A new one may be unrealistic unless I can find a deal on one that fell off a truck.

Reactions: One1

· Registered
74 Posts
I haven't owned either of those exact models, but I have been suffering some serious seller's regret over losing a Rossi M877 years back. Uncle Mike's combat boot grip really helped to control the 357 rounds. I believe that model is very similar. Enjoy.

· Registered
1,831 Posts
Wheel guns awesome Just wished I could get one in .40 S/W 12 round capacity hehehehehehehe New York Reloads can get expensive hahahahahhahahaha....Nice Rossi, The Sentinel fans a few fond memories....

· Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I first read your post about your new "snub" I read "snob" I'm going to mention I'm a gun snob. I only own certain brands and will probably never own some brands.

I see the Lincoln box in the background. I mention all that because I see a welder in my not too distant future. I know absolutely nothing about welding. I'm not a complete brand snob but there are some companies that have earned reputations in certain industries. I plan on possibly getting a Lincoln, maybe a Hobart or even a Miller. A good used one from a retired welder or company going out of business. Widows sell things their husband owned and I'll be glad to remove a big ugly eyesore. A new one may be unrealistic unless I can find a deal on one that fell off a truck.
ive ran many newer “portable” options, but as an old man in a middle aged body i lean towards the “antique, indestructible” side of things when i buy items. My shop fan is a 1955 Westinghouse, my regulators for my argon are 60 year old MECO heavy duty, and my welder is a 1957 Lincoln Idealarc 300/300 AC/DC. while i could easily give you many recommendations on good newer items my suggestion is to find spot in your Garage you can fit a little bit newer (60’s 70’s) model Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC from Craigslist around $300/$400 (no more) and hook up a nice CKWORLDWIDE tig torch to it so you can run stick/scratch tig and be covered on everything with an indestructible setup.

My ‘57 was designed to clamp to old steel pipes and dead short for 8 hours to unthaw pipes. It’s not only in the owners manual, the stinger that comes on it has pipe clamps built in. This means 100% duty cycle, which is military grade back when that meant something.

· Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Never tend to leave well enough alone, I’ve stripped the Sentinel to the aluminum frame and polished the ally. It looks like it’s gonna turn out nice. I gotta decide what I’m going to blue. The cylinder, barrel, hammer, and trigger are steel.

· Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had fun restoring that Last 22 so I bought another today and redid it as well. this is the direct competition to the Sentinel. It’s a 4” 22LR REVOLVER by Firearms International called The Regent. same age as the Sentinel, roughly 40 years +. I took 8 hours on the other, i had this done in 3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.