National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang
Been out of town on business for a week. I picked up the revolver on Sunday. Fired 18 rounds of .357 mag 158 gr ball out of it. Printed 6 rounds at 7 yards in a ragged hole. 6 at 15 yds you could cover with your hand. 6 at 25 yds pie plate spread. Nice shooting piece. Pretty strong pull on double action though(all target shots were single action). As you can see by the pic the finish is NOT faded blueing or holster wear but the matte, parkerized finish of which I spoke, Any ideas? Thanks again for the previous responses. -Mo

Attachments

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Do we have any ideas about what? The finish? If the park is dull, oil the bejeebers out of that thing. Park holds oil, but after a time the oil evaporates leaving the park looking dull. If the park really bothers you, you could take it to a gunsmith and have it blued or moly coated. Personally I believe revolvers should be blue or stainless.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
Yup. That's parkerized. It was done a long time ago. It may be just me, but I do not believe it is the original finish.

Liberal applications of oil is a first rate recommendation.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I don't think that is the original finish on that revolver. I have never seen a Security-Six with a parkerized finish. I would call Ruger and ask about it. Then I would have it reblued.:biggrin5:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts