National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when you thought you'd heard all of the cockamamie ideas that our good friends at PETA can come up with:

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2007/04/c ... deer_1.php

Do you think the morons even considered that their "helpfulness" might just add to the number of ROADKILL DEER??? Nevermind the fact that hundreds of PEOPLE are killed in car/deer collisions, each year!

G

·
The last vehicle/deer collision I was involved in while doing claim work was a sad case. I've tried to find the pix but have probably deleted them. Here's what hapened.
A man was driving a full sized Ford standard cab pickup. It was a 70s era when they still had heavy steel. His wife was riding shotgun. He told the trooper he was doing 60 which was the posted limit and meeting an oncoming truck. The oposing truck hit an eight point buck which became airborn. I'm not sure of the combined speed but assuming the deer was flying through the air at 30 mph and the subject vehicle was at 60, the impact was 200# @ 90 mph. The deer hit right of center, peeled the entire rof panel off of the truck and decapitated the passenger.
I imagine the widower would not be amused at the PETA article. I don't personally know a PETA member, if any are around here in deer country-bubba country they would be run out of town on a rail. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Had you all heard of their most recent hypocracy?

Between the second half of 1998 and 2005, they took in 17,806 animals at its Norfolk, VA headquarters.

They adopted out 3,047 and killed 14,419. That's over 80% killed by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. In 2005 the kill rate was 90.7%.

On its 2002 federal income-tax return, PETA claimed a $9,370 write-off for a giant walk-in freezer, the kind most people use as a meat locker or for ice-cream storage. But animal-rights activists don't eat meat or dairy foods. So far, the group hasn't confirmed the obvious -- that it's using the appliance to store the bodies of its victims.

In 2000, when the Associated Press first noted PETA's Kervorkian-esque tendencies, PETA president Ingrid Newkirk complained that actually taking care of animals costs more than killing them. "We could become a no-kill shelter immediately," she admitted.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I wear a hat that says PETA in large letters and small letters it says (people eating tasty animals). So far I have had a lot of people laugh and agree. No one has said a thing other wise. ;)

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts

Just sayin'.

G

·
Top 10 April Fools' Day Joke Web Sites
Normally staid sites and individuals celebrate April 1 with weird, silly, and elaborate hoax pages. Here are our favorite pranks of years past. Will anything make the list in 2008?

1. Deer in Camouflage
On April 1, 2007, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals' blog, The PETA Files (say it out loud), contained a brief entry regarding a new Minnesota-based antihunting group called Hunting Is Downright Evil (HIDE), which had developed an ingenious new plan to protect local deer from hunters--first tranquilizing them (the deer, not the hunters), then painting them with a camouflage pattern, and finally rereleasing them into the wild. It certainly gave a new twist to the term "deerhide."

Despite the telltale date right next to the blog post's title, dozens of commentators blasted away at HIDE, PETA, and each other until sunset. Only at 5:44 p.m. on April 1--after a score of vitriolic denunciations of deer painting, hunt interference, and "tree-huggin' idiots"--did a lone voice finally interject: "Y'all know what day it is, right?"

Needless to say, most subsequent commentators persisted in not getting it. PETA was no newcomer to the art of the prank, either: In 2000, the organization announced plans to sabotage a Texas bass fishing tournament by knocking the fish out with tranquilizers. It's a joke, son. Contributing Editor Scott Spanbauer moonlights as a college Spanish instructor, and part-time Shinto priest. No, really.

The worst part is PETA idiotas fell for it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Baldy said:
I wear a hat that says PETA in large letters and small letters it says (people eating tasty animals). So far I have had a lot of people laugh and agree. No one has said a thing other wise. ;)
I gotta get me one of those.

·
Registered
213 Posts
WOW what a trophy that would be...to have a PETA painted buck mounted on your wall. You'd feel as if you shot down a world record...I want one. I cant wait until they issue each buck their own rifle, it will be so much fun :lol: :--- good April fools joke

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, maybe I was "had", but those clowns have done so many stupid publicity stunts that SHOULD have been April Fools pranks, it's hard to tell the difference. The statement about the thousands of animals killed by PETA is NOT a prank. It's documented. As is them saying that it's better that thousands of humans die than any animals (I don't know if that excludes the ones that THEY kill).

The parading of nude models and splattering of fake blood on innocent people is pretty rank, too. Forgive me if their prank seemed more like their daily thinking than an April Fool's joke.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I sense an opportunity here.

Now I want to find a road kill and put headlights on the antlers and a license plate on it's rear.

You know, one of those personalized tags:

"PETA4U"

or maybe

"IMAKAR"

or a bumper sticker

"If you're close enough to read this, then I'm getting old"

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
What a bunch of dweebs! Here's what I wrote

Great idea, while you're at it why not camo paint some grizzly bears and mountain lions... Wait! Catch all of the mourning doves, pheasants, wild turkeys, squirrels, prairie dogs, groundhogs, mountain goats, stone sheep, pronghorn antelope, coyotes, elk, caribou, baby harp seals and camoflage those species too. Next year you can go around and camo all of the newborns and the cycle starts over. This should keep you busy and keep you from sticking your nose in everyone's business through eternity. Hey if you write me a nice long letter, I'll even donate $1.00 for your cause. :i: :-B-: :roll:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Long time no see, Mr. Gunzzi! Welcome back!!

Hey, Did you see the part about the whole thing being an April Fool's stunt? They caught me, too, but like I said, PETA does so many stupid stunts that I couldn't tell the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts