National Gun Forum banner

Pennsylvania Gun Law HB2060 passed today.

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Gimp 
#1 ·
They passed this today. It still needs to go the senate, They are all in an uproar on the pa gun group on FB. From what i see it's to keep guns away from dangerous people. I don't see a big problem with it myself. I don't know how well it will work. We all know how chicago is. And they have tough gun laws.

https://amgoa.org/Proposed-Pennsylvania-Gun-Law-HB2060/State-Law/57679

#2 ·
So, the state can mandate you lose your guns BEFORE being found guilty of a crime and you don't see what those folks are mad about? Who decides who is the menace.

#6 · (Edited)
We all have trouble deciphering the gibberish of a politician, but you can bet that there are traps in the law. By traps, I mean the innocent will be snared and made to look guilty; and if they are innocent, well then take it to court, wait 5 years and repeat, until you are bankrupt.

Here is a line from HB 2060:
In firearms and other dangerous articles, further providing for persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms and providing for relinquishment of firearms....

You tell me, what constitutes a dangerous article, a claw hammer maybe? It gives a very wide door for the cops to raid your house, and seize you guns, or other dangerous articles.

Like your tool chest I guess, it would be full of those dangerous articles; they can't let the dangerous man keep his hatchet now, can they. Do you see what I mean?

#9 ·
It's stuff like that that requires that you write to your congress critters, both Senate and House. There is still time to write and voice your concerns.

--Wag--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.