National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son now has a Substantial gunsafe in his house so I feel it’s time to put some of my guns into his safe, after all, there all going to him someday so might as well make it now.
I gave him my .45 Colt Black Hawk
The Winchester 94 Trapper carbine
A Marlin 995 semi auto .22
A Marlin bolt action .22
A AR15
A 12 ga semi auto TriStar

Just a few of the ones he’ll get when I’m too old or passed on. I’d rather see him use them than have them sitting around in my safe. There’s a few more that should go too. This leaves space for a new one or two. I’m feeling very new .22ish. i was looking at the Henry lever. I think I need a Ruger Black Hawk in .44 stainless and just maybe a Ruger .44 carbine I saw at my LGS.

· Grand Imperial Poobah
33,079 Posts
Very cool indeed! Hopefully your son lives outside of NJ. And I noticed there isn't a 1911 on that list. Yellow Food Dish Cuisine

· Registered
8,425 Posts

· Registered
8,425 Posts
I am starting to thin out the herd. There are a few my kids have expressed an interest in, the rest will get slowly sold off (maybe to buy something new and fun!), but since I do not hunt big game, I have no need for the hunting rifles. And I do not need 6 12 ga and 5 20s for targets and quail...........

Reactions: Northtidesix

· Registered
8,214 Posts
My son now has a Substantial gunsafe in his house so I feel it’s time to put some of my guns into his safe, after all, there all going to him someday so might as well make it now.
I gave him my .45 Colt Black Hawk
The Winchester 94 Trapper carbine
A Marlin 995 semi auto .22
A Marlin bolt action .22
A AR15
A 12 ga semi auto TriStar

Just a few of the ones he’ll get when I’m too old or passed on. I’d rather see him use them than have them sitting around in my safe. There’s a few more that should go too. This leaves space for a new one or two. I’m feeling very new .22ish. i was looking at the Henry lever. I think I need a Ruger Black Hawk in .44 stainless and just maybe a Ruger .44 carbine I saw at my LGS.

I made a similar decision recently and gave several of my rescues to my kids and The Next Generation. I doubt that I will ever do another "Rescue" junk gun. I no longer have a shop, or plans to build one.
Thankfully none of them live in communist states so they are not burdened by the illegal transfer regulations.
:thumbsup:

· Registered
17,547 Posts
You weren't giving away guns from the kindness of your heart, you're just making room for new purchases. I see how you are! :lol::lol:

· Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I’ve bought 2 more shotguns since Thanksgiving. I can’t pass on a good deal. I also have to stay off gun broker. I missed a deal on a Russian SKS in excellent condition for $375.00. I just didn’t have the spare cash for it and it’s gone.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.