National Gun Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
12,727 Posts
^^^ a couple years ago I was looking for a motherboard schematic for one of my MacBook laptops and found his youtube channel. At one point I was watching his videos pretty regularly. I think he is a very intelligent young man.
He never really got political but I always suspected that he was definitely not right leaning.

Nonetheless, while I very much disagree with some of his viewpoints I think his overall message in the above video is correct.
There must be viable alternatives and competition to these big tech companies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For anyone using the Parler app, the last couple days, the platform has been under siege.

Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have gotten away with the censorship of conservative speech over the course of the last few years and has gone to unprecedented lengths in the last 12 months to shutdown virtually all voices saying anything they don’t like.

Parler is a platform that was created as the alternative to Facebook and Twitter and has allowed the exercise of free speech for conservatives.

A few days ago, Google joined in the fight to silence conservatives by pulling the Parler app from the Google store. They did so to force Parler to implement a plan to “moderate” content on the platform. Apple made the announcement that they would likely follow suit. As of right now, the Parler app is no longer available in the Apple App Store.

Amazon announced that at midnight tonight, they will shut down the servers that host the Parler platform. This move will effectively silence the platform until they can find new servers to host them.
I don't think Parler has the engineering skills nor infrastructure to survive.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Parler needs little more than like minded business people to step up and rebuild something that was just about a shoo in to explode for a demographic starving for their platform.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For anyone using the Parler app, the last couple days, the platform has been under siege.

Facebook, Twitter and YouTube have gotten away with the censorship of conservative speech over the course of the last few years and has gone to unprecedented lengths in the last 12 months to shutdown virtually all voices saying anything they don’t like.

Parler is a platform that was created as the alternative to Facebook and Twitter and has allowed the exercise of free speech for conservatives.

A few days ago, Google joined in the fight to silence conservatives by pulling the Parler app from the Google store. They did so to force Parler to implement a plan to “moderate” content on the platform. Apple made the announcement that they would likely follow suit. As of right now, the Parler app is no longer available in the Apple App Store.

Amazon announced that at midnight tonight, they will shut down the servers that host the Parler platform. This move will effectively silence the platform until they can find new servers to host them.
Parler's requirement for users to provide their phone number that will receive an access code EVERY time they attempt to login, may be OK for those using company phones or internet phone numbers, but for individuals that don't want their personal phone number sold by Parler to third parties, it's not so good. Their Ts&Cs are a direct attack on privacy. Parler is run by amateurs who've hired amateur techs.

·
Premium Member
6,420 Posts
Yeah I didn’t like giving so much personal info to Parler or for that matter, any other website ether.

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
I wonder why no one has mentioned or thought of Parler using the same server service that Gab is using that was talked about in another thread? Maybe they can't for some reason or it's not big enough? I'm not tech savvy to know the ins and outs of how all that works.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wonder why no one has mentioned or thought of Parler using the same server service that Gab is using that was talked about in another thread? Maybe they can't for some reason or it's not big enough? I'm not tech savvy to know the ins and outs of how all that works.
Gab does not use a second party service. They own and run their own servers purposely so they have total control and could never be booted by Big Brother. They'd not be at all interested in leasing out. They keep adding servers every week and can barely keep up with their new demand. That's why access to Gab is sporadic for the time being.

·
Registered
13,826 Posts
Ok thanks. Too bad Parler didnt do that from the get go.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts