National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I Purchased a Panzer Arms Gen 4 AR-12. Here is my review of thier product:
Shipped promptly. I was kept informed of the shipping status. However once I was able to pick it up from my local FFL dealer, get it home and get everything opened up I learned that my order was missing several components. The 1st one I noticed was that my cleaning kit was missing several pieces. As I already had another cleaning kit this was more of an annoyance than an actual need. Still, I had paid for the whole thing and wanted to actually get everything that I paid to receive. Contacting customer service by phone I found to be impossible. They keep reduced east coast hours and in my experience they do not return phone calls. So I sent an email. They don't return those either but they DID send out a complete cleaning kit. Sadly once I was able to break my purchase down for cleaning I learned that was not the only missing component. I was also missing one of the 4 chokes. I sent another email on that but that email was never answered and no replacement choke was forthcoming. Missing one part is a hassle. Missing 2 is bad quality control as well as bad customer service. The lugs on the barrel were so overtightened that I had to take my AR-12 to a gunsmith in order to finish breaking it down for its initial cleaning. The booklet that comes with it is seriously lacking in breakdown information and because Gen 4 is still pretty new the videos online, while informative are for older versions.. Once cleaned it would fire a chambered round but not automatically eject the spent casing, requiring manually pulling the charging handle all the way back. This will require another trip to the gunsmith to find out what that issue is. This AR-12 does have a lot of features that I was looking for but so far my Mossberg model 500 is vastly more reliable (at less than half the price) would I purchase any more of thier products? Perhaps, but that depends if I can get the one that I do have to work properly. Even once this is working properly that will not address the quality control or customer service issues. I am curious if others have had similar experiences from Panzer Arms.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Tints and shades

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,519 Posts
If you're having function/reliability issues with a brand new firearm it needs to go back to the manufactures not a local gunsmith. The manufacturer needs to make it right free of charge.
I have no experience with Panzer but have read a couple similar stories as yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts