National Gun Forum banner

Panzer arms AR 12

112K views 106 replies 53 participants last post by  Swolhfehrt 
#1 ·
I just bought one of these and would like to know if anyone else here has had any experience shooting one and could give me some info on how you thought it performed? I plan to go to the range this weekend to shoot mine but I was wanting to see if someone here has had a good bit of time to shoot this gun and what they think of it. Also I am guessing it is fairly new gun since I cannot find any reviews of it on youtube just a video made by a seller about getting them in stock.

#41 · (Edited)
1) There are only two parts to do this MOD...
What I need to know is, do you have one, two, or three generation AR12...? Mine is Generation two,,, Generation three changed, and I don't know exactly what changed...?
2) Does your Gun attach the Stock to the Lower with a Allen head, or a HEX head...? Allen head Bolt is what is needed or bought...?
3) Some cheap small package two-part fast setting epoxy that all the stores sell (harbor Freight) needed as a first step to set the steel plate inside the stock to hold it in the mounted position when the stock is tightened down to the Lower...
3) You also need the Epoxy call JB weld (this is the BEST Epoxy out there) The standard package is all the Epoxy needed to set the TUBE in the stock Permanently... (no going back after this Install)
4) Do you have a 6 inch VICE to Squeeze a little (right Size) the Tube to slide into the depth of the stock Snugly. so it will stay in position before you glue it in place...?
5) As you can see this is not a simple BOLT ON... You need to have some experience doing custom mods to all sorts of things to feel comfortable doing this MOD... You are working with time setting EPOXY so you need to dry run your moves, and Check at least 3 times that you have the position of the TUBE Vertical in all directions... There is one catch...!!! the TUBE has the rail with six position holes, SO... you need to make SURE it is straight down, or your stock that slides on it may be a little left or right twist on it... You may fined that having the New stock on the TUBE to help line it up to Your liking You can use any Kind of Shims you like hold the TUBE in position if needed before you put the JB Weld EPOXY into the stock... You use masking tape on the top edge of the LOWER stocks hole, and a matching tape job the same as the Lower stocks angle, putting masking tape on the TUBE...(you know glue gets everywhere you don't want it)...
6) I will take some pictures with more INFO about doing this: Like how to put the Glue in to prevent air bubbles that would prevent you from a Proper Glue job, and how to keep the Glue from covering the Allen Head so you can Remove the Stock from the UPPER half when done (you only put glue down the outside of the Tube., and the threads of the TUBE will lock the Tube in the Hol.e (the Allen Bolt "with star lock washer" goes into the Upper half at about a 5 degree angle to Pull it down tight together) So the Tube has a Little Gap at the bottom that will let some glue move into the Tube helping to Glue it in....
7) If this sounds like your CUP Of TEA, I will give you more of the FINE details for you to think about...<:))
8) II you choose to do this MOD, you will be able to sit back, admire your work, and say I am a "GUN MAKER"
9) Also the Tube has a small hole in the end, and will need to be ground out so you can get a Socket down there to Put-On or Remove the Upper from the Lower......

This is the Stock I used on my gun, You have so many to choose from out there.
New Lightweight Stocks Tactical Compact Type Buttstock Carbine stock For AR15/M4/M16 Carbines

https://www.dhgate.com/product/new-...-type/405395346.html?skuid=435222278738767874

Mft Battlelink Minimalist Stock -Black.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...1.0&pvid=3a63619c-3bb8-4041-b979-38861df0fbc8

Mil-Spec buffer tube with castle nut. (castle nut is not needed to do this Mod)
NOTE: Scroll to the Bottom of this LINK to see Many Priced Right Stocks...<:))

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...5.0&pvid=821c0c88-5910-493b-b596-5919cf229b5d

#42 ·
1) I literally just got it today. I assume it is a generation 3. It is the Panzer AR 12 Pro like the one pictured in a previous post.
2) I have not broken down the gun yet so I do not know what type of bolt is used to attach the stock at the moment.
3) It does sound like there is a fair amount of work involved to make it happen, but the end result appears to be well worth it.
4) I am not a gunsmith by any means, but I feel like I could handle the task.
5) If you have some free time detailed pics of the process would be great!
6) Thank you for already providing me with a wealth of knowledge on the parts as well as the process!

Thank you again, regards.

#44 ·
It looks Like Member: bahamasky has a adjustable stock on his PRO gun...I think maybe he should be Contacted on how he got that on his Gun... Mine is 2nd Gen... Not the Same as the Gen 3 PRO...

Note: Yes I will take more Pics of my stock Mod, and with Info...<:))

#51 ·
Hi everyone! I recently picked up an Gen 4 AR12, what size threads are the muzzle? and are there any nice muzzle breaks that work well on this? My Gen 4 does not have the o-ring on the tip of the barrel like what i've seen on previous generations, i'm not sure what else is different but I have yet to shoot it or disassemble it for cleaning which I will do before I shoot it for the first time. But replacing the fake muzzle break is definitely a priority of mine.

Thanks!

#55 ·
Seems to be a lack of info out there on the Panzer ar12 stock adapter and or the process of fabricating your own. Those that have posted pictures they look great i just cant find steps how to accomplish. Taking Panzer AR12 standard stock off and installing collapsible. Please post any help you can. thank you-

#70 ·
Honestly, you lever looks like your levers aesthetic cover came off some where along the line, if thats a thing. It should look like the bottom one. If you just bought your gun, get ahold of the shop where you bought it and the Panzer arms. They should be able to send a new part no charge. From there its just replacing it, which I recommend doing yourself. Its very easy to break down and more importantly, its good to get to know how your gun is put together. There are youtube videos out there to give you a step by step.