National Gun Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone had any luck finding a replacement for the recoil pad on the factory butt stock? I overtightened the screw and broke off the plastic nipple that the screw threads into.
FYI, Mark at Dan's Sporting Goods was excellent to work with. They handle all of the warranty/service issues for Panzer Arms in the US. I gave him a call this morning and he had my recoil pad shipped out same day.

Phone: 724-590-1577
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Curious if anyone has any suggestions for a budget red dot/reflex that can handle shotgun recoil. I dont need anything fancy. Just a blade of glass with a dot in the middle. Hopefully with a good field of vision. Im not a fan of the cylinder style for a shotgun.

Example of "cylinder style" Buy AR Optics TRS-25 HIRise Red Dot Sight and More | Bushnell

I could see those for sport shooting, but home defense/cqb Id prefer less bulk and a wider field of view.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered mine from DK Firearms for $375. When I received it it was a brick. Was unable to chamber even 1 round. The problems was the shell guide. There is a small switch similar to the safety on the left side of the lower just ablve the magazine. This switch controls the guide that guides the shell from the magazine to the barrel. When the switch is in the vertical position it is in the down position to facilitate removing the barrel when tearing it down for cleaning. When it is in the horizontal position it is supposed to be in the up position making contact with the barrel acting as a guide for the shells as they enter the barrel for firing. Mine malfunctions and does not make contact with the barrel. Instead it is about half an inch away from the barrel even when the switch is fully horizontal. Therefore when you pull the charging handle back to chamber a round, the round jams against the guide and goes nowhere. I contacted DK firearms and was told to contact PW Arms. I tried several times with no answer and no way to leave a message so I gave up. I took the shotgun to a gunsmith today and he said he can repair the faulty part so all will work out fine however obviously quality control is a big issue with the manufacturer of these firearms and support and warranty work is apparently non existent. The gunsmith said it should be fairly inexpensive to repair and I should have a functional shotgun when all is said and done and for that I am grateful because if I had to return it for repair or exchange I am not sure if that would have been impossible or not. I will keep everyone posted if any other issues are discovered with this shotgun.
I.
I ordered mine from DK Firearms for $375. When I received it it was a brick. Was unable to chamber even 1 round. The problems was the shell guide. There is a small switch similar to the safety on the left side of the lower just ablve the magazine. This switch controls the guide that guides the shell from the magazine to the barrel. When the switch is in the vertical position it is in the down position to facilitate removing the barrel when tearing it down for cleaning. When it is in the horizontal position it is supposed to be in the up position making contact with the barrel acting as a guide for the shells as they enter the barrel for firing. Mine malfunctions and does not make contact with the barrel. Instead it is about half an inch away from the barrel even when the switch is fully horizontal. Therefore when you pull the charging handle back to chamber a round, the round jams against the guide and goes nowhere. I contacted DK firearms and was told to contact PW Arms. I tried several times with no answer and no way to leave a message so I gave up. I took the shotgun to a gunsmith today and he said he can repair the faulty part so all will work out fine however obviously quality control is a big issue with the manufacturer of these firearms and support and warranty work is apparently non existent. The gunsmith said it should be fairly inexpensive to repair and I should have a functional shotgun when all is said and done and for that I am grateful because if I had to return it for repair or exchange I am not sure if that would have been impossible or not. I will keep everyone posted if any other issues are discovered with this shotgun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too have the same issue. I tried my two 5 round mags and one 10 round mags with a few different types of rounds. The weapon will not chamber a single round do to the half inch cap. You can however drop a shell in the tub one at a time. I fired off roughly 8 rounds this one when the next round i loaded it refused to fire at all. I again tried dropping in other types of shells which also did not fire. Up. Squeezing the trigger you if course hear the click from the firing pin but there was no response. I well reach out to panzer as well as speak with my local smith. Will keep thread updated and open to advice. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have the same issue. I tried my two 5 round mags and one 10 round mags with a few different types of rounds. The weapon will not chamber a single round do to the half inch cap. You can however drop a shell in the tub one at a time. I fired off roughly 8 rounds this one when the next round i loaded it refused to fire at all. I again tried dropping in other types of shells which also did not fire. Up. Squeezing the trigger you if course hear the click from the firing pin but there was no response. I well reach out to panzer as well as speak with my local smith. Will keep thread updated and open to advice. Thanks
Panzer Arms should have a 1 year warranty. Contact your retail seller.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks alot! Once you have a AR12 Pro you can do the conversion properly. I had to get an adapter frabicated to make adjustable stock work with any AR15 buffer tube and stock.
Who did you get to fab your adapter? Those things are hard to find!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Panzer AR-12 gen 3. I have the "no fire" issue also. I've taken it apart, cleaned, lubed and reassembled several times. It always fires the 1st shell, after that you have a 50/50 chance of firing or just hearing the hammer drop. I only use heavy loads and have no issues with cycling, just the dry fire click.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought one of these and would like to know if anyone else here has had any experience shooting one and could give me some info on how you thought it performed? I plan to go to the range this weekend to shoot mine but I was wanting to see if someone here has had a good bit of time to shoot this gun and what they think of it. Also I am guessing it is fairly new gun since I cannot find any reviews of it on youtube just a video made by a seller about getting them in stock.
I had one.

I loved it. It felt solid.

I say had because I sold it. I sold it ONLY because at standard PanzerAR12 has an affixed stock to the lower and it was to long for me. Thats it. (The Pro series has a third party stock conversion kit from https://tripleffirearms.com/shop). I did have some cycling issues with light loads DURING break in period just to test what load would do what. I didn't fully break it in, so I cant say if the cycling issues corrected itself. The guy I sold it to is an acquaintance and he said he loves it, and hes a gun enthusiast. Take all that as you will, but I felt it was great, if not a little heavy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I hear they jam a lot, any panzer. But I have personally been very interested in the bp-12 but definitely need to run a lot of money pounds thru it to break it in

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its a Auto Loader...SO... It has a Compensator Spring in it, "ala Bolt Ejection spring" ... Also you can buy for $16.00 a 10% reduced Power Spring that will insure Lighter Loads will function reliably... (buy at Tooth & Nail Armory)(its painted RED)
I have a gen 4 ar12 that only ejects high power shells and it's rough on the sholder. Will this spring help on the gen 4 ar12 ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the SAME issue. I ordered the panzer ar12 kmr model and right out the box wouldnt feed any kind of shell, but would shoot if you manually placed the shell in the chamber. I plan to bring mine in to a gunsmith next week but what exactly did he say was the issue was?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me how do Identify the different generations and Pro model of the panzer AR12? Thank you all in advance.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts