1) There are only two parts to do this MOD...Looks great! I’m wondering where I can find the parts for an adjustable stock though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What I need to know is, do you have one, two, or three generation AR12...? Mine is Generation two,,, Generation three changed, and I don't know exactly what changed...?
2) Does your Gun attach the Stock to the Lower with a Allen head, or a HEX head...? Allen head Bolt is what is needed or bought...?
3) Some cheap small package two-part fast setting epoxy that all the stores sell (harbor Freight) needed as a first step to set the steel plate inside the stock to hold it in the mounted position when the stock is tightened down to the Lower...
3) You also need the Epoxy call JB weld (this is the BEST Epoxy out there) The standard package is all the Epoxy needed to set the TUBE in the stock Permanently... (no going back after this Install)
4) Do you have a 6 inch VICE to Squeeze a little (right Size) the Tube to slide into the depth of the stock Snugly. so it will stay in position before you glue it in place...?
5) As you can see this is not a simple BOLT ON... You need to have some experience doing custom mods to all sorts of things to feel comfortable doing this MOD... You are working with time setting EPOXY so you need to dry run your moves, and Check at least 3 times that you have the position of the TUBE Vertical in all directions... There is one catch...!!! the TUBE has the rail with six position holes, SO... you need to make SURE it is straight down, or your stock that slides on it may be a little left or right twist on it... You may fined that having the New stock on the TUBE to help line it up to Your liking You can use any Kind of Shims you like hold the TUBE in position if needed before you put the JB Weld EPOXY into the stock... You use masking tape on the top edge of the LOWER stocks hole, and a matching tape job the same as the Lower stocks angle, putting masking tape on the TUBE...(you know glue gets everywhere you don't want it)...
6) I will take some pictures with more INFO about doing this: Like how to put the Glue in to prevent air bubbles that would prevent you from a Proper Glue job, and how to keep the Glue from covering the Allen Head so you can Remove the Stock from the UPPER half when done (you only put glue down the outside of the Tube., and the threads of the TUBE will lock the Tube in the Hol.e (the Allen Bolt "with star lock washer" goes into the Upper half at about a 5 degree angle to Pull it down tight together) So the Tube has a Little Gap at the bottom that will let some glue move into the Tube helping to Glue it in....
7) If this sounds like your CUP Of TEA, I will give you more of the FINE details for you to think about...<)
8) II you choose to do this MOD, you will be able to sit back, admire your work, and say I am a "GUN MAKER"
9) Also the Tube has a small hole in the end, and will need to be ground out so you can get a Socket down there to Put-On or Remove the Upper from the Lower......
This is the Stock I used on my gun, You have so many to choose from out there.
New Lightweight Stocks Tactical Compact Type Buttstock Carbine stock For AR15/M4/M16 Carbines
Mft Battlelink Minimalist Stock -Black.
Mil-Spec buffer tube with castle nut. (castle nut is not needed to do this Mod)
NOTE: Scroll to the Bottom of this LINK to see Many Priced Right Stocks...<)