National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a trade offer for one of my guns and this is what is being offered to me I’d like some information on these guns pros and cons if they hold their value and if it’s worth swapping for a pistol of equal value. Below is the information I was given about it in the picture I am at work so I don’t have time to look this up right now and I would like to hear from some owners regardless and their experience with it. I do not have any previous knowledge of this fire arm and I want to give the gentleman that’s offering the trade a fair chance

PSA AR15. Comes with Magpul fore grip, forearm, grip and a single point sling mount and a brand new unfired Anderson lower

Attachments

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
Mine was almost exactly like this. I miss it, is was a good rifle. Without knowing what you're trading for it, how can anyone advise you? I liked my PSA, but it's the only one I ever owned.

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
I never had a malfunction. Good shooter. When I first got it, one of the ranges here still allowed rapid fire. I went through 2 30 round mags as fast as I could, not a hiccup. Took a while to stop smoking though.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine was almost exactly like this. I miss it, is was a good rifle. Without knowing what you're trading for it, how can anyone advise you? I liked my PSA, but it's the only one I ever owned.
i know what mines worth. Just no experience with these or any querks.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I've become interested in the AR, I'll probably end up with it tomorrow. Since I'm a handgun guy I have a question about inspection on this gun. Anything specific to check? Also, are these able to be fitted to anything I find AR15, OR do I need to look for specific parts that fit this gun?

·
Aim true !
10,292 Posts
Can you afford to buy it outright? Sellers/traders remorse really sucks.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn’t looking for an AR, it was just offered and it’ll bring the same amount on trade for my Sig p365 i ordered so long as it works I’m good. Probably shoot it a bit then decide if I’m giving it up for the Sig. I was offered $375 trade in, $400 with my specter holster, for my gun and the AR he said about the same trade in. My p365 is $499 so pretty close either way.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks i think i will. Probably keep it. Here’s some Olan Mills glamour studio pics (we’re all old enough here for that one). ����

.I was told this barrel is an upgrade over the black one.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
I was told by folks here, that unless the Nitride barrels are chrome lined, stay away.  Not all those black barrels are chrome line, you pay more for that. Mine was SS also with a 1/8 twist. I had the angled fore grip, I had replaced the stock trigger guard, had red dot on it with a rail so it co-witnessed with the peep sight. I really wish I didn't get rid of it, especially since I turned around and bought a Kahr P380. I basically just traded my AR, 6 mags, breakdown case, etc. Then sold over 900 rounds of ammo for $150. Just wanted it gone, so it's gone.

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried to register on ar15 dot com but they want an isp email which I don’t have and many don’t have. I just have a phone and a gmail so guess I’m not gonna be on there!

Ive watched tons of videos of people shooting AR’s, but i barely know the difference in an upper and a lower. I’ve always been a handgun guy. Never owned a long gun. I need to google idiots guide to ar15’s lol. I have ammo and I’m going shooting sunday so we will see how it goes. I just learned how to load it and cock it. Lol. As much as i know about my handguns, I’m completely in the dark about AR’s.

i want to buy some upgrades but don’t even know what fits it. Anything AR?

·
Registered
13,710 Posts
Anything AR will work. Mine was a kit, saved me about $100, I and learned what was what. The upper was assembled and tested at the factory, I didn't want to deal with the gas system. That's the trickiest part, the rest is just basic assembly, nothing difficult about it.

·
Genius in Training
490 Posts
AR10 parts will not fit but anything AR15 will. ARs are pretty simple overall I think. Watch a few youtube videos and you should have no problem.

Reactions: One1

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm pretty amazed at ammo costs for target. The 223 is cheaper than 45 ACP. I thought I would go broke quick with the AR, but actually the cheapest I can get ammo from Academy for the 45 is 38¢ and for the AR in 223 is 32¢ (36¢ for 556). It's cheaper to run the range with the AR than a 45 ACP pistol. That's nutty.

20200111_161337.jpg

·
Pew Pew
SFx - Elite SC
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A few boxes every now and then isn't going to kill your gun but I'd take it easy on the steel case ammo.
i have only ran brass, ever. This is the first steel I’ve ever bought for any of my guns. I chose the lacquer finish to slick it up instead of the unfinished steel. As time goes on I’m building this gun piece by piece replacing each part as things come around I like. The stainless barrel is an upgrade for this gun but nothing special so I’m going to use the saved ammo money to buy new goodies. When I get a high quality barrel in there I won’t be running any cheaper ammo in it anymore.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts