National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several of these for different caliber handguns!

I pulled them all out and was testing them to see if they tucked the weapon in tight enough to the waist to conceal the firearm for concealed carry. Most of them do a good job. They are very easy to remove and allow for a quick draw.

They do not tuck in the gun like a IWB holster or a good quality belt holster.

Have you tried paddle holsters? Do you like them and use them on occasion??

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
The ones I have tried hold the guns so tight that the holster almost comes off of my belt.

But I don't have a gun belt, perhaps that's the issue.

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
Have you tried paddle holsters? Do you like them and use them on occasion??
Yes, and yes. I have a Fobus holster for my large frame Glocks. I'm going to get one for my SIG P220 as well. I use mine under a jacket in cool weather and with my big guns. I do have leather OWB holsters for the Glocks and SIG as well, but there comes a time when I just feel like donning the plastic hardware support, and it's very discrete in the right role, and secure. I like the Fobus holsters......options are always good to have, and I draw very well and fast from those holsters. Quick on, quick off, and very comfortable. Very cost effective also.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I use a Galco paddle holster at the shop.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, and yes. I have a Fobus holster for my large frame Glocks. I'm going to get one for my SIG P220 as well. I use mine under a jacket in cool weather and with my big guns. I do have leather OWB holsters for the Glocks and SIG as well, but there comes a time when I just feel like donning the plastic hardware support, and it's very discrete in the right role, and secure. I like the Fobus holsters......options are always good to have, and I draw very well and fast from those holsters. Quick on, quick off, and very comfortable. Very cost effective also.
I like the lock in feature on the Fobus Holsters. The trigger guard clicks into position and you have to give a positive pull to get it to release. It insures that the gun will stay in the holster even if you are rolling on the ground.

I do worry about the finish on a fine Kimber being damaged by the materal in the Fobus Holster. A Glock, who the heck cares, you can't hurt them.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
A friend of mine had a Fobus and liked the fact that it came on and off easier than something that threads onto a belt. However, he didn't like the way the Fobus let the gun, a Ruger P97, hang away from his body. He said it made it hard to conceal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts