National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here are three of our favorite 'old timer's shooters!'

Top: U. S. SPRINGFIELD TRAPDOOR, Model 1884, put into service in 1889 - .45-70 Gov’t.

Middle: U. S. SPRINGFIELD KRAG JORGENSEN, Model 1899, Carbine, 30-40 Krag, 22” barrel, manufacture date 1901.

Bottom: QUALITY HARDWARE MFG. CORP. M1, M1A1 Semi-automatic Carbine, caliber 30 carbine, correct BUFFALO ARMS BARREL, Manuf. 1943

We seem to take these out more than any other 'oldies' when we are looking to shoot some
'history guns!' My personal all time favorites are the Krag and the M1 Carbine for just plinking
around in the mountains or desert.
:cool:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Zipper....
Nice set, good pictures. Thanks for sharing. I like the Springfield, kind of partial to the really "old timers." I guess it comes with age.
Here's a pair of H&R Model 1880 revolvers made between 1880 and 1883, old boys themselves, they go along with your Springfield, just splendidly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
zipperzap said:

Bottom: QUALITY HARDWARE MFG. CORP. M1, M1A1 Semi-automatic Carbine, caliber 30 carbine, correct BUFFALO ARMS BARREL, Manuf. 1943
That .30 looks a bit dangerous to shoot, you had better ship it here so I can properly dispose of it. ;) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK ... I'm convinced!

Send me your FFL address.

Thanks for the safety tip!

Posing with my safe queen - before I modified it into the

:-B-:

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Zip,
Do you know where I can get a inside the waist band holster for one of those "Deathstalkers"?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
32 Magnum:

Zip,
Do you know where I can get a inside the waist band holster for one of those "Deathstalkers"?
Hmmmm. If you fold the bayo - sometimes - if you're wearing very high heels, you can manage
one in an ankle holster - otherwise, no, don't know who carries one.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
32 Magnum said:
Zip,
Yeah, riiiiight -- I think I saw a guy in town the other day who could carry that thing concealed. He probably weighed about 700 lbs.! Hell, If I carried it, I'd need a hand truck!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
zipperzap said:
32 Magnum:

Zip,
Hmmmm. If you fold the bayo - sometimes - if you're wearing very high heels, you can manage
one in an ankle holster - otherwise, no, don't know who carries one.
ROFLMAO! I'm not in the habit of wearing very high heels, so I'm guessing I'll pass on the ankle holster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts