National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into spending some cash on a new gun. Primarily I'll be using this for squirrels (splat?).

Anyway... When I get the time I enjoy some target shooting.

I would like your opinions on brand name with scope for this...

I am a big marlin fan, and am looking at the 917 vs-cf model that is "new" on their website.

I am also looking at the BSA Sweet .17 scope to pair with this.

I have two means of obtaining any gun I want at wholesale so cost is NOT an issue here. Show me what youve got!?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Projectgs...
You know...for years I have made fun of the .17, there was a fella whiteclouder who was shooting one in a pic (years back now) on another forum, and I even made fun of him for shooting such a wimpy caliber...A friend of mine was looking for one this year and I made fun of him for wanting such a "sissy" caliber...but, I kept watch out for one that I thought would meet his budget...found it...told him about it...and he changed his mind about getting one...so I thought..."What the hey"...and bought it instead...One of the best rifles I have had (not joking)...it's the Savage 110 Heavy Barrel w/acutrigger it has a Simmons 6x18x40 scope...y'all can't go wrong... :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you dont think its too much for squirrels??

Of course i'm hoping to keep something to eat also...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you dont think its too much for squirrels??
Young'gunner...We have got to talk 'bout "headshots" only... ;)

I think I want one...

S9, I think it would be one you would consider a keeper!...Tell the "hubby" in time for an anniversary, birthday, sweetest day, christmas, valentines day, presidents day, elvis's birthday...y'all get it... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been thinking about getting one. My wife wants one as well so maybe I'll get it for her and "borrow" it whenever I want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cropper...Y'all need ta go for it...ya won't go wrong...if y'all ever think I've led y'all astray...Ya have permission to verbally abuse me here... :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts