National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is rather humorous.
Looked at an "Operators Manual" on the HK site.
Now one would think that an Operators Manual would be simple. Place finger on trigger. Pull trigger. But nowhere on the Operators Manual does it say that.
In fact, it's just the opposite.
Steps 3, 4, and 5, say.."Keep your finger off the trigger...."

1. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard until your sights are aligned
    on the target and you are ready to fire.
  2. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard while loading or unloading the
    firearm.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside of the trigger guard while pulling the firearm out
    of the holster or while returning it to the holster.

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Step one says: "Never point...."
Now how can you shoot a gun unless you actually point it?
Nowhere in the "Operators Manual" does it say to point the gun. In any way shape fashion or sort.
How can you defend yourself unless you point it in an unsafe direction of the person shooting at you?
  1. Never point a firearm at anyone or in any direction other than a SAFE direction, i.e. down range.

· Registered
8,425 Posts
If you folks don't already know the 4 rules, turn in your man card. But, there are plenty who are buying for the first time and do not know those rules and how to be safe; and with today's litigious society, the lawyers hold sway on what goes into that manual

Reactions: Centuriator

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Every time I look to an "owner's Manual, Installer's Guide, or Operator's Manual, it's always 15 pages of safety crap you have to be the world's biggest numbnuts to not know, followed by 2 pages of sparse instruction.

· Registered
17,515 Posts
That's not a operators manual, it's a liability manual.

Reactions: Centuriator

· Registered
310 Posts
I love my G3 don't get me wrong but the section in the manual for field stripping the bolt assembly in particular is a joy. the break down is a snap but reassembling the roller lock design without the clamping devise is a bit tricky

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,173 Posts
and with today's litigious society, the lawyers hold sway on what goes into that manual
Yep, I was thumbing thought the Harley Davidson owners manual and there is a blurb on just about every other page "may cause serious injury or death"

"changing the radio station while operating may cause serious injury or death"
"picking a bug out of your teeth while riding may cause serious injury or death"
"operating this vehicle may cause serious injury or death" :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.