National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
USN
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought my first pistol (finally) and am looking to get it an open holster. I think I want to get a dropleg holster as this will work better with my plate carrier, but wanted to see if anyone had an opinion on standard belt holsters instead.

EDIT:
The pistol is a S&W 686 Plus, I don't plan on carrying this anywhere outside the house besides the range. Mostly doing it for a combination of fun and appearance.

·
Registered
564 Posts
You are going to get a lot of responses that probably will leave you more undecided than anything. I OC almost exclusively, except for my BUG I have a big tote full of holsters for different guns. IMO a Kydex rather than a canvas holster is a good start. It might help suggestions if you tell us about your pistol.

·
USN
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck no, this is for fun and looks more than anything else. Probably should've mentioned it's a S&W 686 Plus, definitely not EDC.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Heck no, this is for fun and looks more than anything else. Probably should've mentioned it's a S&W 686 Plus, definitely not EDC.
Well that would be an exceptional EDC, as well as OC handgun. In VA there is no law forbidding OC making it legal, and it is very common in VA. I often OC with revolvers one of my favorites is a fixed sight GP100, no vest with plates OC is not dangerous in NC, or in VA. Don't let Fudds tell you otherwise. Just don't cross into DC OC or CC it would be life changing if you got caught, but you are legal also to OC in NC, both states without a permit.

Personally I prefer vintage police duty holsters for my medium revolvers. I OC the GP with a vintage BW Don Hume border patrol holster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts