National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my last haul of the day I'm at the landfill dumping. I get out to check to make sure all of the load came out and walking back to my truck i slipped on some slimy garbage. I fell on my left side and about half way down my ankle folds under and i feel a big crack. I actually had a guy from another company ask me if i was ok while trying to get up and i say i don't know. he walks back to his truck, thanks buddy! I manage to get to the truck and it took me a minute to figure out how to climb back in and call my dispatcher. They send help and bring me to the ER and sure enough i broke my ankle. Not sure what else could go wrong this year, So now i have a temporary cast/splint and have to call ortho Monday to get a permanent cast and find out how long I'll be out of work again. About the only upside is it was on the job so no medical bills and my comp $$ will be more than the temp disability i was getting. I wish this black cloud would go away...Sigh..

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I feel your pain. Last year, the Monday before Thanksgiving I at the Church helping trim trees. Up on a 14 ft step ladder with a professional stiel pole saw cutting a limb that pushes back against the saw am me off the ladder. Broke my lower leg and crushed my ankle. A year latter and it still hurts like $&/:[email protected] Mostly the metal plates. Hope your is a lot less.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
Oh man Square, you gotta always be careful. I’m in the process of dropping about 25 pounds so I can take some stress off my framing. Knees and ankles have been taking a beating. Heal up and enjoy watching the bad weather from your nice warm easy chair.

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Make next year a good year for you. :thumbsup: Hope you heal quick.

·
Super Moderator
11,198 Posts
Yeah, heal up fast.

--Wag--

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,972 Posts
I hope you have a quick recovery! BTW, you need to get better work boots, something with an aggressive tread.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I'm learning real fast that i suck using crutches. I hope the ortho guy gives me some sort of walking cast because I'm having a real hard time. I have some shoulder pain from bone spurs and arthritis and this is making it really hurt and also getting some low stomach pain, almost like a hernia when trying to scoot around the house. I'm sure being out of work for 6 months and then being only back for 1.5 months isnt helping being my muscles still arent back to what they used to be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts