National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

My name is Kayla and I'm new. I just had a question maybe someone can help me? I purchased an vepr ak-47 through Atlantic Firearms online. So I know I have to go through an FFL dealer and get my background check done etc. This is not my first firearm purchase, just my first online. My question is when I filled out my info to Atlantic Firearms I put my maiden name on everything (the name I go by, my ID, SS card etc) and when I put my shipping address I put my married name, stupidly. So I contacted Atlantic Firearms and they said I need to contact my FFL dealer and that they can't change my name on the order. Well I have been trying to unsuccessfully. So if my ID and social security are under my maiden name but I have my marriage certificate will an FFL dealer still do the transfer? I just don't want to have to pay the 20% restocking fee. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need to change your name on the ID's, However some FFL's will work with you if you have proof that it is a name change that has not been recorded yet.. The real problem comes with the record keeping the gov requires the seller and the FFL receiving the firearm to maintain.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
You need to change your name on the ID's, However some FFL's will work with you if you have proof that it is a name change that has not been recorded yet.. The real problem comes with the record keeping the gov requires the seller and the FFL receiving the firearm to maintain.
Very true. You need to ask your FFL dealer what recourse you have. Plus, if you are planning on staying married, change your ID`s to whatever married name you are using. Being you are in California, I have no idea what their silly regulations are and do not want to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.