National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, I recently came in ownership of a pretty rare 1909 argentine in very good condition, all of the serial numbers match (even the cleaning rod) and im looking for the one thing that i didn't recieve, the bayonet. Im looking for a bayonet with the SR: B2378, if anyone has any ideas where i should be looking? or if anyone has any info, it would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
9,283 Posts
I e got one of those Harbor Freight letter stamping kits. A quick shop on EBay and a half hour down in the shop and I’m sitting pretty!

You better post something in Argentina too.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Probably be far easier, and in the long run, cheaper, to get another rifle WITH the bayonet. Good luck on your search,
however, if you do manage to re-unite the gun with the knife, it'll probably be a very rare first time, ever.

Check the stock of the place who sold you the gun, local pawn shops and gun stores, local flea markets, then widen your
search from there. Best of luck.

·
Registered
16,808 Posts
Several things. Are you sure that model bayonet is even serialized? Back then some were and some were not and I'm not familiar with that particular one. Secondly, from what i have read the ones that were serialized were only done so for keeping track of them(just like the rifles) and were not issued to the rifle with the same serial number. They were made by different companies than the rifles, shipped separately from the rifles and i highly doubt they had some enlisted soldier going through crates of rifles and bayonets matching the numbers up. lastly I can almost guarantee you'll never find the one with that number. Even if it still exists the odds of you running across it would be astronomical. Buy a decent bayonet in about the same condition as the rifle and buy a powerball ticket. The odds are better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts