National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I found a video on our ammo shortage in the USA. I hope our ammo situation gets better but the video doesn't hold out much hope for that.

Keep calm & return fire!
Nor mine and I don't reload (despite having the equipment to do so)
I simply don't wait for situations like we're in to say "OMG!, I better get some ammo"
I will say that I am not really consuming the ammo I have due to the current situation.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
No ammo shortage at my house. 馃榿
I don't have an ammo shortage in my house either, relatively speaking, although I do wish I had more 5.56 ammo and more 10mm. As it is I've got buckets and cases full of 9mm which I had from before the pandemic even though 9mm is not one of my favorite rounds. I've also got cases full of .44 Magnum and .357 Magnum although Im drifting away from those calibers in favor of the 10mm.

So for me it isn't and wasn't an issue of having enough ammo, its an issue of having enough of the right caliber of ammo.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Nor mine and I don't reload (despite having the equipment to do so)
I simply don't wait for situations like we're in to say "OMGl, I better get some ammo"
I will say that I am not really consuming the ammo I have due to the current situation.
So why would you not reload if you've got the equipment?

Keep calm & return fire!
So why would you not reload if you've got the equipment?
When I could buy 9mm for 17 cents a round and .45 for 26 cents a round it was not worth my time to reload.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
When I could buy 9mm for 17 cents a round and .45 for 26 cents a round it was not worth my time to reload.
Since we're not seeing ammo prices like that anymore, now might be a good time to start.

Registered
No shortage here, either. Got plenty of powder and primers for my military surplus rifles I shoot. I just buy the bullets as I need them to reload. Cut my pistol shooting to the minimum needed to maintain competency with my defense pistols, so that鈥檒l stretch my practice ammunition supply and keep me from touching my reserve. Whenever reloading supplies are available, I bulk buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts