National Gun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited this gun when my grandfather died. He had it for a number of years... I cant find ANYTHING about it.. and I am a fairly knowledgeable gun guy...any help would be appreciated.

It is stamped Ameria SG and a bit blured stamp of Ameria SanGoirgio.

It is a BEAUTIFUL side by side 410...the detailing is one of a kind... the pics dont do it justice.

I dont think it has ever been shot... the barrels dont have a scratch on the inside... I would rate this weapon at 99%

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry I can be of any help to you here, But it looks like a real beauty! To have a gun like that, in the condition it's in is one of a kind my friend!~

·
Registered
86 Posts
they started production in 1944.. should be a roman numeral on the barrel.. add that number to 1944.. I would say.. in the 60's...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marlin,

I had another look at the barrel and cannot find any roman numerals.

the following is EVERYTHING on the NOB blued under part of the barrel

On one side it has: CAM.76 AMERIA SG 01781

The other has a VERY light stamp of what looks like: FNTO and then AA

I would upload a pic but it would not show since the stamping is so light.

May I ask where you got the info you provided?

I was told by another old gun guy that they were produced by a father/son maker... from the 40'2 to the late 60's but that was all he could offer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, my apologies,, the stamp is on the water table, not the barrel.. the AA stamp means it was a newer gun than I thought..1975 hopefully you can read this.. Very sweet gun indeed.--. Fabbrica Armi Gardonese//////FAG.-- stamp---- not sure on the FNTO??

itailian double gun year.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marlin,

Thank you VERY much!

Do you have any idea of the value range for this weapon?

I had a guy offer me 2k for it... I turned him down. Not sure I want to sell it since it is so unique.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah... grandpas had a lot of guns... they are mine now. Mostly american hunting weapons... various affordable shotguns and some nicer rifles. This one was/is not typical of his guns. I hunt with an old 270 he had... and have taken many a deer with it. My grandmother tells me he got this weapon from an Army buddy who retired and brought it back from Germany sometime in the early 80's, which makes sense with your chart and a production date of 1975.

Is this company still making weapons?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts