National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly I am off to the range with my son and one of his friends. Going to convert another young mind to the pro-gun side.

I hope my new Glock barrel works out well. If you hear a small explosion and hear the sirens don't ask!

I am going to visit Wal-Mart to check out their ammo prices again, maybe get some of that great Target 9mm. May find a cheap scope for my browining 22 rifle also.

Get out there and shoot this weekend! Any range plans??

Do you have a specific Range Day that you attend each week?

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Been there already for most of the day ~ Just got done with cleaning the guns and now it's time for a Margarita.........

Have fun Lee!! Shooting is always my favorite thing to do...... well, second favorite........... :twisted: ;)

G

·
I just got in from work so I won't make the range until tomorrow. The club I belong to has turkey shoots sundays until the week before Thanksgiving so I will go up and try my luck. I should be able to get the .22 semi I'm working on ready tonight so I can try that,it is a gem, J.C. Higgins model 30. Tomorrow afternoon it is over to a friends house for more shooting,he has a small pistol range where I can hone my bowling pin skills. I have introduced 5 young ladies to shooting at this range, all come back when ever they can and none of the rest of us get to shoot.My friends nephew just started shooting here 3 weeks ago,started him off with a Buckmark, he is getting very good. The kid is 10.Another plus about this range is we chow down on whatever everyone brings. Labor day we had blue crab,fresh caught, scallops,shrimp venison,fruit salad,veges,cheese and crackers, ribs and clams. Good Times!

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Spent 2 1/2 hrs at the range this morning. Shot alot of pistols. Then I went by the gunsmiths place picked up my RIA 45GI. He installed some new sights on it. It looks good :i: :i: :i: , so I'm headed to the range again early in the morning. :mrgreen:

G

·
Yesterday I spent an hour at the range with my wife. Tomorrow my buddy and I are going to spend an hour or two at the range.

I am a range junkie. I am so close to my range (5 minutes by car) that I go two or three times a week. I do end up spending less time per visit than most people do, but I get to go much more frequently.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had a good time at the range. Place was packed but I was able to teach an young friend of my son's about gun safety and how to shoot several of my favorite guns. He was a good study and did a fantastic job, put up some nice groups.

I was quite proud of my sons ability to spend time with his friend showing him how to use each gun properly and to help him clear a couple of minor jams. I heard him repeating things I had said to him years before, and I thought he was not listening to me at the time.

The Glock, hummmmmmm................not sure that things are much better than before. Maybe that new barrel needs a few rounds to break in right. My groups were a little better but not that much better than with the stock barrel. The new connector allowed the trigger to be crisp, you knew exactly when it was going to release. Still seemed a hard pull to release it. I may have to do some more work on that little stinker to dial it in properly. I will go back to the range on a rainy day when I have the place to myself and can sit down and bench rest the pistol for some serious target work.

G

·
sig232 said:
Had a good time at the range. Place was packed but I was able to teach an young friend of my son's about gun safety and how to shoot several of my favorite guns. He was a good study and did a fantastic job, put up some nice groups.

I was quite proud of my sons ability to spend time with his friend showing him how to use each gun properly and to help him clear a couple of minor jams. I heard him repeating things I had said to him years before, and I thought he was not listening to me at the time.

The Glock, hummmmmmm................not sure that things are much better than before. Maybe that new barrel needs a few rounds to break in right. My groups were a little better but not that much better than with the stock barrel. The new connector allowed the trigger to be crisp, you knew exactly when it was going to release. Still seemed a hard pull to release it. I may have to do some more work on that little stinker to dial it in properly. I will go back to the range on a rainy day when I have the place to myself and can sit down and bench rest the pistol for some serious target work.
Must have been a good feeling knowing that your son picked up on everything you showed him and that he was taking his time to help his friend.

Keep converting the young ones!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glock and Load said:
sig232 said:

Must have been a good feeling knowing that your son picked up on everything you showed him and that he was taking his time to help his friend.

Keep converting the young ones!

Yessir, my friend, that is two converts in the last 30 days. I do feel good about that!
I know that lots of other members are doing the same. I did watch a boy teaching his Mom to shoot a 38 special at the range today and she was doing great. (Maybe it was an older lady with a younger man! Oh the shame of it!)

G

·
Good job. I just converted a couple of friends. Well, he didn't need converting but my wife and I helped convert his wife.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If all gun owners and hunters take the time to teach a new person about the shooting sports we can grow our sport at a rapid rate. Similar to what is happening on the Internet today about second amendment awareness!

G

·
sig232 said:
If all gun owners and hunters take the time to teach a new person about the shooting sports we can grow our sport at a rapid rate. Similar to what is happening on the Internet today about second amendment awareness!
I got a convert today. Read my pellet gun thread. :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts