K

·
0 Posts
I do.. with the best results from the full sized 45
worst with the snubby... (it hurts to much) :D

L

·
0 Posts
as a competitor i have no choice but to practice long and hard. ive gotten to the point were my left is just a hair slower than my right.

im actually going to design a whole day around off hand shooting

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
D

·
0 Posts
I tend to do that when my other hand actually gets tired. I actually have built my off hand up so that I can actually shoot comfortable. Its a good thing to do just in case you want to shoot someone with 2 guns a once. (Which I would never do)

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Being a right-handed shooter, I practise with my left hand but in all honesty - not that much. I do not get as much range time as necessary to keep both hands proficient so I continue to concentrate on my right.

S

·
0 Posts
I really only shoot with my left hand. I have never thought about needing to learn with my right. I guess this will give me a reason to go to the range! WIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEE! ;) :---

L

·
0 Posts
once you learn how to shoot wiht the weak hand you need to figure out how to get a gun into that hand.

ie drawing with a weak hand from a strong side holster.

do it with out ammo till you figure it out.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Yes, I make a point to practice with my weak (right) hand, for both handgun and rifle. I have to admit that I haven't spent much time shooting shotgun weak-handed -- but I really don't shoot the shotgun that much, anyway.

I used to get a kick out of challenging right-handed shooters to a weak-hand match, because so few folks do actually practice and I did so regularly, back in the day when I was in the AF and later as a LEO.

There's also the fact (which I'm sure some of you will argue) that lefties have an easier time doing things right-handed than righties have doing them left-handed, because we have lived in a bass-ackward world our whole lives. I had just as much fun challenging bowlers to reverse hands and saw a couple of 16-pound balls skip over to the next lane when they tried. I thought it was funny, but then I have a demented sense of humor...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Practice with your weak hand. Also practice with your strong hand only. Chances are you are going to be opening a door, holding a flashlight or doing something with your weak hand should you every have to use your weapon. If you haven't practiced, you might as well be holding something else besides a handgun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts